Petoskey Inn or B&B advice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary in the Petoskey area this summer and would like to stay at a nice Inn or B&B, hopefully with good food, nice accomodations and a water view. Don't minding spending some bucks. Have considered Stafford's BayView Inn, Perry Hotel and The Veranda.
Can anyone recommend any of these places, or perhaps some place even better?
Thanks,
Annie
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 02:42 PM

We stayed at the Perry on our wedding night and it was a great place to stay. The dining room there is very nice, and the Noggin Room downstairs has great local entertainment on the weekends. If Sean Ryan is there while you're in town, definitely go see him!

The other thing I really like about the Perry is that it is right downtown. You can walk to the waterfront park, or to all the downtown shops. From the Bay View Inn you'd have to drive most places, though I believe it does have access to the paved bay-front trail.

I don't know the Veranda at all, and have only been to the Bay View Inn for a wedding dinner, so can't compare either to the Perry.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 02:58 PM

You may also want to check out Bay Harbor, it's on the other side of town but I have heard very nice and elegant.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 04:36 PM

Bay Harbor is definitely upscale, but to me it always has a bit of an amusement park feel. Still, some people do love it - there's certainly a lot of money there, so maybe check it out and see what you think.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 02:28 PM

Topping.

My only Inn experience in Petoskey is The Terrace Inn. I liked it, but it isn't upscale.

Keith
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 12:29 PM

I played piano for 3 years in the H O Rose Room of the Bay View Inn, and have had several friends stay there, and I can tell you it is very charming indeed. Beautiful park area behind it with gorgeous gardens to stroll through and just steps from the Bay. You must also walk through Bay View, which is one of the only remaining Chataqua's in the nation...still has various religious and artistic programs going on all summer...it takes you back in time! If you are interested, you can get a program from the Petoskey Chamber of Commerce around May that will list their summer events. Oh, and the Bayview has a spectacular Sunday brunch in the summer...it is one of the best brunches I have ever had! The Perry is nice too, and you will certainly want to explore downtown Petoskey wherever you stay, but my vote is with the Bay View Inn.