Personal Chef on Kauai?

Search

Personal Chef on Kauai?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personal Chef on Kauai?

We are staying in a house in Princeville and looking for someone to bring food or cook for us while we stay. We have childeren and would ike to enjoy dinner at home without all of the cooking. Does anyone know of anyone one who provides this service in Kauai? Thanks.
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 06:21 PM
sistahlou

topping this as it is a fabulous question. We have been to Kauai many times and never considered this service, yet it would be a must when we get around renting that villa in Tuscany.

What are your dates? I love to cook! So does a friend Marteen who travels with one cutie poolboy Pila.

You have me thinking.....maybe I should pack up and start a business catering to the likes of you!

Best of luck with your quest!

Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

We are traveling in May hopefully, have yet to book the exact dates. I have found one company so far. See link

http://www.heavenlycreations.org/
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:46 AM

I have a friend that does this on Oahu, but not Kauai. He is fantastic, but that would be one hell of a commute.

good luck!
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 10:20 AM

If all expenses paid, I will consider.

Is it Kaua'i where the chicken roam freely and it's not against the law to hunt them? Would your kids enjoy archery lessons?

Don't restaurants have delivery or catering?
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 12:05 PM

sistahlou: Fabulous idea! I'll invest in the business with $$ and services, I speak several languages and cook international fare, I just don't clean pools, we'll leave that to Pila, who IS adorable.

Faina, I know how to make zabione, would you please start learning to make tiramisu? We can go to the Tuscany villa together for sistahlou, and we'll drive to the farmers' market in the ferrari, gracie!
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 12:13 PM

Why would somebody think I don't know how to make Tiramisu? :-"

Just not so sure how many times one's allowed to taste rum before adding to the cake :-? Especially if Bill is cleaning the pools
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 12:25 PM

sistah is sadly mistaken. I don't do pools, but I fan a mean palm frond!

-pila
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:28 PM

Oh how I wish we could find a personal chef -- rumors of "one is coming!" always end up being false. I know lots of folks here in the Princeville area who would gladly hire one to deliver meals weekly. I love to cook, but seem to only have the time to do it on weekends...

As for Heavenly Creations, they're more for the one-time special event -- they are very much in demand as party caterers, for example (and their food is _awesome_). But unless you have reallyreallyreally deep pockets, their prices may be off-setting (dinner for two -- according to their website -- $285).

melobaby:
There are many options to relieve you from cooking -- most of the non-hotel eateries in Princeville/Hanalei can provide take-out meals (everything from burgers & pizza, to full steak/lobster dinners). The grocery store at Princeville Center (Foodland) has a good-sized deli, and a fresh-daily sushi bar. The fish market behind the Dolphin Restaurant (Hanalei) is the #1 place to purchase fresh fish for grilling (should the desire to cook, magically surface). And I can't forget to mention Mediterranean Gourmet out in Ha`ena is always a treat -- falafels, hummus, quesadilla, burgers, salads -- and the only beachfront restaurant on the northshore. They just were named "Best New Restaurant on Kaua`i" by Honolulu Magazine (and now have a full bar, and is serving dinner nightly -- closed Sundays).
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 06:30 AM

we go to the north shore about every other year. auntie maria gave you some good advice. we triec heavenly creations several years ago for a dinner on the beach meal. it was good, but paled when compared to princeville hotels' dinner on the beach. the lady that runs it is very nice though. all depends how deep your pockets are, and how particular you are. did you ask the agency that you are renting house through? you could also call the conceirge at princeville hotel.