Pebble Beach Restaurants

Search

Pebble Beach Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2003, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pebble Beach Restaurants

I'll be in Pebble Beach in a couple of weeks for 2 nights. Any restaurant recommendations other than Roy's? Thanks for your input.
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 07:12 AM

No help from me, but your question reminded me of a story my associate tells.

Several years back, he and 7 other guys were having dinner the night before they were to play Pebble. The restaurant had come highly recommended, so all were quite disappointed when the food and service fell far below expectations. So much so that when it came time to pay the check, my associate, who was buying, stiffed the waiter. He was a little more than surprised the next morning to learn that the waiter also worked as a caddy; he wasn't very good at that either apparently.
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

LOL. I guess in that situation you really have to wonder when the caddy tells you "trust me, the putt will break 10 feet to the right". I'll be sure not to stiff anyone, I need all the help I can get!
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 09:15 AM

Oh, beachbum, that does sound like the kind of "caddy" story an Oregonian might tell his friends about his stay in California.

almesq: The Lodge at Pebble Beach's Tap Room has a classic club/pub ambiance with a touch of elegance. I've had good lunches and dinners here for years. About 5 years ago, the Lodge added a new place called Stillwater Bar & Grill that specializes in seafood and has nice views. I haven't yet been there, but would like to.

Then, there's the grand dame, Club XIX, their famous signature restaurant. I've not been there for a long time, but still remember the beautiful formal dining room, excellent food and awe-inspiring ocean views. Maybe someone else has been there recently? Enjoy your stay--you'll be in one of the most beautiful spots in the world!
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, can't wait. My 40th birtday present, staying 2 nites at Inn at Spanish Bay and playing a round at Pebble. I could eat dog food and still be in heaven.