Pearl Harbor:How Early is Early??

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 03:15 AM
tgar

Pearl Harbor:How Early is Early??

We like to eat breakfast but hate to stand in long lines.. Just how late in the morning can we get to Pearl to avoid the wait.??.We are planning on visiting Pearl Harbor on a Saturday.. thanks

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 03:57 AM
xxx

8:00 to 8:30am

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 03:57 AM
xxx

OOPS Saturday seem to remember making a point of being there at 7:30am

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 05:27 AM
jpm

Was at Pearl Harbor early March. At 7:00 there was no line. By 7:10 there were 2 dozen tour busses in the parking lot. At 8:00 there seemed to be a very long line and the wait was 1 hour to go to the monument (had gone back to the front desk to get National Parks Passports Stamped). When we left a little after 9 a.m. there was a huge line and I imagine a long wait to get to the monument.

My suggestion would be to eat a piece of fruit and get there early. Afterwards you can go for breakfast. The other advantage in going earlier is it will be cooler in the morning.

have fun,
jpm

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Kate

JPM sounds about right WHERE IS THE TRIP REPORT JPM???????

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 05:43 AM
jpm

Kate, Kate, Kate:

I have day one posted at www.appleberryroad.com. Will be posting the rest over the next several days.

I will then put a thread on here pointing people to it.

jpm

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Patty

We got there around 7:20am and the line had just started forming. Between 7:30-7:40 was when the first buses started arriving. If you want to get on the first boat, I would suggest getting there before 7:30.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 11:10 AM
bob

I went 2 weeks ago, got there at 8am and had a 1 hour wait, which gave me time to walk around the museum and see the grounds, the tour is about 1 hour so by 10am i was finished. Nice trip

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:01 PM
Chuck

We were there beginning of April on a Friday. Got there at 9:00 (NOT our plan to get there that late, but you know how it goes - a bit of a line. Received tickets good for the 10:10 show. So we walked over and toured the submarine right next door. There's also a memorial to check out. Quite sobering. Then it was time to do the movie/Arizona tour. By the time we were leaving (12:30) there wasn't much of a line at all. Although a Saturday probably is busier.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 06:38 PM
Lenore

We just got back from Hawaii and were at the Memorial less than two weeks ago. We got there around 9am on a Thursday. Strolled around the submarine area and got over to the ticket line about 9:30. They gave us a time for about 40 minutes later, which was fine because it gave us time to check out the other exhibits and the gift shop. We did the movie and the Memorial and got back just in time to hear a 5 minute speech from a Pearl Harbor survivor. Very interesting. After that we went over and toured the USS Missouri. It was a good half day excursion. Don't miss it.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 05:36 AM
bop

Note: Pearl Harbor Memorial is scheduled to be closed for 2 weeks starting June 3, 2002.