Wait at Nat. Archives?

Jun 16th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Original Poster

Wait at Nat. Archives?

We couldn't get a reservation for a tour and we'll be going next Tuesday. What time should we plan to get there to avoid a long wait in line? My husband has Parkinsons so we'll go as early as we need to to avoid standing a long time. Thanks.
Jun 16th, 2008, 08:41 PM

i was there in march of 2007 and waited about 30 min , it was in the morning sometime
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:48 PM

We were there first week of June and waited about an hour first thing in the morning.
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:27 PM

I was there last Sunday afternoon and the line was just to the "45 minute wait from here" sign. The line moved faster than that, but it seems at this time of the year that there is almost always a line here. The only time I've not seen a line is in winter. While I don't know that there is specific accomodation for someone with your husband's condition you might go to the front of the line to see if they can assist you. Best of luck!
Aug 7th, 2008, 04:45 PM

I don't think we had any wait at the National Archives. Our trip was in September. I believe we planned to arrive around lunchtime (around noon) as that is when many tourists are having a lunch break. It was a weekday and our plan worked. I did notice that as we were finishing up, many young people were showing up...maybe it gets busier when the school day ends, I was thinking...

If you click on my name you might be able to find my Washington DC trip report...in my report I would have reported what time we visited the National Archives, I'm pretty sure. (I know it wasn't in the morning. In most big cities, tourists all have the same idea...head to the big sites in the morning...that makes mornings busy.)

Good luck to you! I would check out the web-site and see if any special assistance is available to people with disabilities.
Aug 7th, 2008, 04:46 PM

I don't think we had any wait at the National Archives. Our trip was in September. I believe we planned to arrive around lunchtime (around noon) as that is when many tourists are having a lunch break. It was a weekday and our plan worked. I did notice that as we were finishing up, many young people were showing up...maybe it gets busier when the school day ends, I was thinking...

If you click on my name you might be able to find my Washington DC trip report...in my report I would have reported what time we visited the National Archives, I'm pretty sure. (I know it wasn't in the morning. In most big cities, tourists all have the same idea...head to the big sites in the morning...that makes mornings busy.)

Good luck to you! I would check out the web-site and see if any special assistance is available to people with disabilities.

Oops...just noticed your post is an old one! But maybe this will help other people with similar dilemmas!