Pasadena Sat lunch suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2004, 03:02 PM
yk
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pasadena Sat lunch suggestions?

Hi all-

Heading to Pasadena tomorrow for a wedding this weekend. Just realized I'll be having lunch by myself on Saturday. Was looking on chowhound and found some ideas (Bistro 45, Maison Akira, Cafe Bizou) but none are open for lunch on Saturday. Any suggestions for places in Pasadena that I won't stand out too much being alone? I don't want to spend *too* much $. Prefer Continental, Californian, French, Fusion. Thanks!
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 11:14 PM

Most of the French bistro type of restaurants in Pasadena do not serve lunch on Sat, as you have noted by your list. You mighty try Julienne in San Marino. They have a brunch menu on Saturday and their prices are very reasonable.

If you are just looking for a good lunch, some other suggestions:

The Raymond
Twin Palms
Green Street

There are also some wonderful Italian (Celestino), Mexican (Sol Y Azul), or Cuban (Madre's serves Cuban for lunch) options.
Old Jun 12th, 2004, 07:02 AM

I would also recommend:

Crocodile Cafe on Lake Ave.
Hamburger Hamlet on Lake Ave.
Calif. Pizza Kitchen on Los Robles (next to the Westin Hotel)
There are also plenty of places to eat in the Paseo Colorado shopping center.

I'm going to a wedding today too! Must not be the same one since mine includes lunch! But it sure is a beautiful day here for a wedding!
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 09:43 AM
yk
Original Poster

Thanks for your suggestions. I thought about going to Green Street, but heard it is very popular and may have to wait long for a table. I ended up meeting up with a friend and went to Marston's, which I read decent reviews on Chowhound.

Well, the place is very cute and has friendly service. However, what I ordered was mediocre (I had eggs, sausage & potatoes - sausage was bone dry).

Will try some of your suggestions when I head out there next time! Thanks again.
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 10:09 AM

Too bad you opted not to give Green Street a shot. The wait is never that bad, and you missed out on the Dianne Salad, a favorite since they were actually located on Green Street, 25 years ago. I think it ironic that you chose Marston's because Green Street might be busy. Sometimes the wait at Marstons can be terribly long!