Partial Week Rentals in OBX

Jun 9th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Partial Week Rentals in OBX

Anybody know of a site to find information on part-week rentals in the Outer Banks. We live in Williamsburg and would prefer to do two half-weeks in the OBX this summer rather than one week and I'm having a hard time finding that information.

We've been to Avon several times and would like to stay in Duck or farther north.

Thank you.

AmyF
[email protected]
www.sofiabean.com
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:19 AM
emd

I have been retning there for 15 yrs and have never found a realty company from Corolla to South Nags Head that would rent for partial weeks in summer. They only will do it in off-season. I've looked for that too, as many times I'd rather do 10 days instead of two weeks down there.

Maybe you can find someone who rents independently through VRBO or a similar site and who is willing to rent for a few days in summer if they are not booked up.

Good luck!
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:36 AM
GoTravel

You'll only find partial week rentals at the last minute whatever hasn't been rented. Have realty companies call if they have vacancies. You do know you'll end up paying to full maid fee?

Owners would lose too much money if they split weeks.

Plan on not finding anything from about June 15-August 15th.

Jun 9th, 2006, 10:53 AM
emd

GoT, have you been able to do this in summer? I have not found an agency that will do it, even at the last minute when a property is not rented. They just won't deal w/it when they are busy during summer. Last summer I called and tried it w/Village Realty, Resort Quest, Nags head Realty, Sun Realty, Joe Lamb, Prudential. I called in mid-August, and although they all had some vacancies for the week I wanted to do a partial rental and the locations I wanted (the last week of August before Labor Day, anywhere btwn. Corolla and S. Nags Head), they wouldn't do it. They were very sticky about the policy until after Labor Day, when they would do it.

There is one independent realtor down there who has a smal inventory of houses and is somewhat unconventional. Cola Vaughan. You might try him. He has a website. He is a man who used to work for a realty company and decided to go out on his own.

http://www.obxcola.com/
Jun 9th, 2006, 11:03 AM
GoTravel

emd, I haven't done this in the OBX but the hotel is was the DOS for was actually a property management company for an all condo resort.

On all of our condos, townhouses, and beach houses we had strict seven day minimums from Memorial Day through Labor Day. If something wasn't rented, we would drop the minimum until it was (7-5-4-3 nights).