Parking near Rodeo Drive

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 02:03 AM
Kylie

Parking near Rodeo Drive

Just wondering if there are any good (reasonably priced) places to park near Rodeo Drive in Beverley Hills? We don't particularly want valet parking as I'm sure this would be expensive. We are only wanting to check it out as my brother hasn't been there before. Ta.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 03:23 AM
X

My recollection is there are parking meters lining Rodeo Drive.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 05:31 AM
J

There's a huge amount of public parking in Beverly Hills. Look for signs with a "P". Two hours for free and a fairly reasonable charge thereafter. (They generally have "valets" but that is because there is stack parking.) There are probably a couple of these public lots on Rodeo and the rest are on other streets parallel to Rodeo. There is a meter parking lot on Big Santa Monica. Street parking can be tough to find and there is none on Wilshire. Hope that helps.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:42 AM
kkj

Tons of reasonable, cheap parking around. You'll probably have much better luck getting a lot than finding an open meter. I don't remember prices, but since I HATE paying for parking it was probably free.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:58 AM
Mina

Right near Rodeo drive is a residential street. The parking there is free (or it might be for a couple of hours, I'm not sure). I always park there, and have never had a problem finding parking. It's a 5 minute walk or less to the beginning of Rodeo. I find it much easier than fighting for parking in the lots on Rodeo. There are no meters on this street.

I can't remember the street name, so I guess I'm not much help here. Maybe someone will know...it's right by the big church on the corner. By the church the parking may be metered, but the residential parking starts only a few feet away.

I'll try to find out the street name for you if no one knows what the hell I'm talking about.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Barbara

There are metered lots all long Santa Monica Blvd. & all along the adjoining streets to Rodeo. You can even park north of Santa Monica Blvd. on the residential streets (for free) & enjoy the neighborhood while you're at it.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 08:19 AM
Mina

That's what I was trying to say (what Barbara said).

North of Santa Monica Blvd, is where the free parking I mentioned is. That still doesn't help with the street name where that church is, but at least it will give you some idea.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 12:16 AM
Ted

Mina, the name of the church is The Church of the Good Shephard and it sits directly ON the "residential" section of Rodeo Drive! In other words, the street you're trying to think of is STILL Rodeo Drive!!

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 05:33 PM
Mina

Ted, that's funny. I remember faintly walking a straight line from Rodeo to the car (it's been over a year since I've been there). But I didn't think it could be so easy that the street was still Rodeo.

So there you go boys and girls...park on Rodeo drive!

Ted, you got a chuckle from me today.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 08:39 PM
j

If you go on the other side of Wilshire Blvd, the residential streets usually will have a spot or two. One street name I know of is "Elm" as in "Nightmare on". (I used to visit someone on Elm Street, and the walk to Rodeo drive was 10 minutes or so.)

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 11:50 PM
Ted

Actually, Mina, your struggles with trying to remember the name of the street gave me a chuckle, too (glad you weren't overly sensitive about it, though)! The church is on the corner, at the intersection of Rodeo and Santa Monica Blvd. The minute you cross Santa Monica you begin to enter the "business" district of BH. And as you probably know, many "famous" things have occurred at that church, from Elizabeth Taylor's wedding to Nicky Hilton to Frank Sinatra's funeral, etc.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 09:58 AM
Mina

Ted...

I'm glad I gave you some amusement! That's why you gave me a chuckle too...I could imagine you laughing at me racking my brain trying to come up with the name. You were very diplomatic in your answer. ;-) I'm not sensitive to much of anything...it's hard going through life taking everything too seriously.

That's the thing about being a local...you never pay attention to street signs. You just "know" where things are...and whether there's "a McDonald's on the corner". I have no idea what any of the streets around Rodeo drive are called!

I've been to a wedding at that church. It's very pretty.

Thanks again for the laugh.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Victoria

Isn't that the same church that was used in the movie 10 starring Bo Derek and Dudley Moore? Does anyone out there know the answer to this ? Thanks!

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 10:38 PM
Ted

Yes. (And Mina, I'm still laughing...!)