parking at the opera

Search

parking at the opera

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
parking at the opera

My wife and I are going to the New York Opera in November and driving in fromPennsylvania. Any sugestions about parking near Lincoln Center?

Also planning to go down to Little Italy for dinner. Wife is Italian and we both like "good" food, not looking for tourist atmoshpere. suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Rob

There is a parking garage at Lincoln Center.
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 02:54 AM

Just get there early...it fills quickly.
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 04:28 AM

I assume you know Little Italy is no where near Lincoln Center. If you plan to eat first, you might consider parking near Little Italy & leaving the car downtown. Iconparking.com is a website that offers discount parking locations all around the city. You put in an address or pick a neighborhood & they show you what options/prices are available.

There are plenty of decent Italian restaurants near Lincoln Center. Right across the street is Fiorello's Cafe with an excellent antipasto bar. A bit further away but within walking is Pomodoro Rosso on Columbus & 71. I personally would eat near the opera for convenience and maybe go to Veniero's in the village for coffee & dessert after.
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 05:43 AM

I'm with mclaurie. It makes the most sense to dine in the same area. Both Cafe Fiorello and Josephina's are across the street from Lincoln Center and are excellent choices.
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 05:56 AM

I would second the Pomodoro suggestion, it is our favorite restaurant in the city. Good food and great service and the prices are excellent. I have never really liked Fiorello's across the street. The prices are high and the food there was just ok.

Veniero's is also a good suggestion as would be Cafe Mozart which is closer, just off Broadway and 70th St (I think) and has wonderful pasteries.

Which opera are you seeing?
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

TYhanks for the info. We are seeing a matinee performance of Turandot, one of my favorites. That's why Liottle Italy came to mind for dinner after. It is on our way out of town.
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 02:06 PM

There is absolutely NO parking in Little Italy and the Mulbery St is closed to traffic. There are garages in the area, so you might find one close and walk. There are meters in Chinatown and a bit of parking off Mott St, but not much and it's really crowded on weekends.

Turandot is my favorite, we saw a production last year and loved it.

Have a wonderful time and enjoy your day in the city.
Old Oct 19th, 2003, 08:38 PM

I can't help with the parking in The City. I have eaten in Little Italy once at IL Cortile and thought it was very good. Of course there are a lot of other good places on Mulberry St. as well. Here's a link for Little Italy restaurants.

http://www.littleitalynyc.com/