Palm springs and very pregnant--good idea?

Old Jan 30th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Palm springs and very pregnant--good idea?

We're considering a long weekend in Palm Springs next month for some relaxation and pampering. But I'll be 6.5 months pregnant at the time. Any thoughts on whether that's a pregnancy friendly locale? We really just want to sit around a pool in a warm weather locale and have good food and maybe some distractions if we get bored. Does Palm Springs fit the bill?

Thanks!
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 08:40 PM

I went hiking in Lake Arrowhead when I was 6 mo. pregnant and was just fine. You don't say where you live, but if it's LA, Palms Springs isn't far, and at 6.5 months you should be fine. (My daughter came one month later, but it had nothing to do with a long weekend away!)
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 08:42 PM

P.S. Really, you should be asking your doctor this come to think of it, not us,but I thought I'd share my experience, but really, ask your dr.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 05:21 AM

How far are you going to have to travel to get there? Driving or flying? Yes, your doctor is the one to ask. No one here really knows exactly what your situation is. Some women are close to delivery at 6.5 months. He can tell, we can't.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 06:03 AM
Tess

My husband and I just got back from Palm Springs and I can tell you that it's the very place to go for relaxation--very laid back place and oh, the sun felt good on our winter-chilled bodies!

Long ago, we traveled to Vegas when I was 6 months pregnant. It was not a good trip--think the combo of flying, driving and massive walking was too much (at least for me and I was a youngster of 26)--I ended up sick in the hotel room for most of the trip. So definitely check with your doctor first but Palm Springs sounds like a winner. And congratulations!!

Old Jan 31st, 2007, 12:02 PM

I think that being very pregnant is an OUTSTANDING idea!
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 08:31 PM

We like to think of the desert cities as very friendly places.

You would feel absolutely welcome here and have a great time.

PSL