Reload this Page >

Own food into Yankee Stadium?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 03:31 PM
nina

In the past we've taken sandwiches and drinks (in plastic) to Yankee Stadium, but I was wondering if they've gotten stricter since 9/11. Can we still take our own food and drinks into the stadium? Thanks!

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 03:47 PM
x

No. Also, no briefcases or backpacks.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 03:51 PM
nina

Is it the food they object to, or the container? In other words, if I brought in a paper bag with sandwiches would they make me throw it out? If so I guess we'll just have to eat a big breakfast!

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 06:30 PM
x

They have been pretty stict about bringing bags, other than woman's purses, into the stadium.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 06:41 PM
suzanne

I was just at Shea, and checked the Mets website beforehand to see what could be brought in. They allow food as long as it is in a see-thru bag. I don't know if this applies to Yankee Stadium as well.

For the most accurate answer, check the Yankees website. It should be under "security".

Old May 1st, 2002, 05:13 AM
nina

Thanks Suzanne, I'll do that.

Old May 1st, 2002, 01:13 PM
FrugalFred

I can't help but think these "security" measures are MORE about the financial security of the Vendors than the physical security of the crowd.

There's more danger in what the contents of a purse than my PBJ sandwich in a baggy. And allowing purses while prohibiting a briefcase is sexist.

Movie theaters are on that same "bandwagon" too. I like the ones in shopping malls ... that mall wants you to shop, but then what do you do with your purchases if you wish to take in a movie.

Yup, businesses sure do love 9/11 "Security" measures.

Old May 1st, 2002, 01:43 PM
nina

True Fred. Interestingly, we've always taken some snacks into Disney with us, not because we don't want to buy the food, but for the most part, we find it unpalatable, which is why I'd rather take my own into Yankee Stadium.

Since 9/11, WDW now inspects all bags. I thought for sure that they would confiscate our contraband food, but they didn't say a word. I think they really are only focusing on the security aspect since Disney has always had a rule that no outside food be brought into the parks, so they can make a bundle selling you their crummy food. Nevertheless they let us and a lot of other people take in our food without so much as a question.

Old May 1st, 2002, 02:35 PM
traveler

Last year we were going into Joe Robbie Stadium to see the Dolphins vs. The Patriots and I had just cracked open a bottle of water. When I got to the gate security said I had to leave it. He said if it had been UNopened I would have been allowed to take it in. Live and learn...