Orlando Sea World area restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2003, 04:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for suggestions for moderate-priced restaurants in the vicinity of Sea World. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 08:27 AM

There is either a Denny's or Perkin's near by in a strip mall that also has a grocery store. Sorry I can't remember the cross street.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 06:37 PM

Sea World is on International Drive and there are plenty of moderately priced restaurants both north and south. In addition, there is a shopping center with a couple of places to eat just east of Sea World off Central Florida Parkway.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. Actually, I was hoping for something better than Denny's or Perkins, but less than the top notch Disney places. Postal, do you happen to know the names of any of the places along International Drive, and are there any in particular that you would recommend? Thanks.
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 02:51 AM
Original Poster

topping
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 02:41 PM

I've just returned from 14 fantastic days in Orlando.

Highlight was Sunday Brunch at the Renaissance Resort opposite Sea World.

Unlimited Champagne - over 100 choices in eating from quail, snapper, steak, sushi, desserts to die for and a fantastic atmosphere.

http://www.marriott.com/EPP/default....rshaCode=MCOSR

I think we paid about $30 a head - and it was our third visit in three years.

Not cheap but not over the top either and, without doubt, a fantastic place to consider.

Brian
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 04:17 PM

Our family reunion takes place each Christmas at the aforementioned buffet at the Renaissance - it truly is incredible and I highly recommend it if you can swing the price!

Otherwise...a big favorite of locals and tourists alike is Bahama Breeze, another Darden (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, etc) success story. BB is on International Drive about one or two miles north of Sea World; another BB is on Rt. 535 southwest of Sea World. Figure on $20 per person without liquor.

The Pointe is an outdoor shopping mall just south of Bahama Breeze on International Drive. There are stores, movie theatres, high priced restaurants such as Don Shula's Steak House, and then fun inexpensive places like Johnny Rockets, a national old-fashioned hamburger chain.

International Drive also hosts about 50 other restaurants - no kidding!

If you take International Drive north to Sand Lake Road and turn left, within half a mile there's another mass of shopping centers (brand new) with restaurants and stores. One Italian restaurant (Carrino's I think) is very reasonably priced and very good.

Honestly, there are so many places in the area it's hard to list them by name. Don't worry, there are plenty of reasonably priced places as long as you stay away from the theme parks and the areas right outside their doors.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 05:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again for the above responses.

We're back from our short trip, and just wanted to give some feedback. As previously mentioned, there's no shortage of places to eat, especially along International Drive. I had just been hoping for something other than a chain (they've got every chain I've ever seen!) that someone could personally recommend. In case anyone wants to know for future reference, we ended up at MoonFish on Sand Lake Rd. off International Drive, and were very pleased with it.