Nitty Gritty stuff for Orlando trip

Feb 26th, 2003, 08:55 AM
RT
Original Poster

Nitty Gritty stuff for Orlando trip

Author: RT
Date: 02/24/2003, 09:03 am

Message: We are heading to Florida in early April for a week of Sun ( Really need it as we have just dug out
again from another storm, Newmarket Ont). Need to get some answers on some nitty gritty stuff

- Staying at the Grand Hilton Resort at Sea World, have a 3 bedroom Condo. Has anyone stayed in a 3 bedroom
unit there and if so, is there a section of the resort that is better / convenient we should try to reserve , (we will
be taking 3 kids all aroud 5 years old)

- Is there a grocery store nearby.

- Can you get transportation from the resort to Disney. We will have a car rental but there may need a day where
the group will split up.

- Sea World , can you see it comfortably in one day. Right now we can get a one day ticket or a 5 day pass for
CDN $$ at par , ($53 for one day or $106 for 5 days). The 5 day pass lets you also go to Bush Gradens in
Tampa.

- Water parks, we would like to do one water park during our stay, any recomendations on which one,
(wet'N'wild, Disney etc.)

- From the looks of it the resort is very near International Drive, any good restaurants (fun stuff for kids)

- Thanks for all you help
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:03 AM

Hi RT:

I've only been to Orlando once, but going again myself in a couple of weeks. International Drive is loaded with hotels, restaurants and I believe there is a really nice grocery store called Goodings I believe on there. Have fun.
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:14 AM

RT, Not sure exactly where this resort is but I will assume that it is near Sea World. There is a grocery store(Publix) on Central Florida Pkwy, just past Sea World. Can not tell you about Transp. I would just call the resort. Sea World can easily be done in a day. I can not even think about what you would do for 5 days, Busch Gardens can also be done in one day. As for water parks I would recommend either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon lagoon. W&W seems a bit more for the teenage crowd and is mostly concrete, not much shade. BB and TL both are very tropical with lots of shade and vegetation that is a much nicer atmosphere. International Drive is a plethora of restaurants with everything you could possibly want. Check out Point Orlando, it is an outdoor mall with many restaurants ( I like Dan Marino's), Also if you don't mind a long wait try Bahama Breeze.
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:02 PM

You may also want to visit Universal's Parks. We love Island of Adventure at Universal. For all the info you could ever need on Disney, Seaworld, Universal, etc.,go to www.disboards.com
Feb 26th, 2003, 07:04 PM

Take a look at:
www.wdwplanner.com
It is a bulletin board for Walt Disney World....could poss. help answer your questions

Search this Thread