Search

Zion Lodge or Desert Pearl Inn??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 05:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zion Lodge or Desert Pearl Inn??

Hi-
I need to decide between Desert Pearl Inn in Springdale or Zion Lodge - regular motel room for 2 nights - arriving late on the first night from Las Vegas.

I've read all the posts on both places and they sound very positive. It sounds like for Zion Lodge, the cabins or suite is nice but not much is said about the motel rooms... On the other hand the Desert Pearl Inn sounds very comfortable and the Zion Canyons can be seen from outside the park.

Has anyone stayed in the motel room in Zion Lodge and can provide some feedback? Is it convenient to commute from Desert Pearl Inn? Any recommendations one way or the other?

Thanks!!

Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 06:00 PM
Eva

I too am curious. I was able to snag a couple of nights at Zion--a cabin, but prior to finding availability there, I was intrigued by the Desert Pearl. I realize my question is no the same but would appreciate any and all feedbck.
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 08:07 AM

We stayed at Desert Pearl a few years ago and loved it. The room was stylish and very comfortable. I bought muffins, juice and fruit at a market, stored them in the room fridge and we had breakfast on the patio so we could stare at the red canyon walls. It was a short walk to the shuttle bus into Zion. The drive from Las Vegas is wonderful, particularly as you near Utah.
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 12:17 PM

I've stayed in the Lodge in Zion and loved it. The rooms were pretty spare - no tv - etc. but were comfortable. The lodge is surrounded by spectaculor scenery and is convenient for some nice hikes.

I don't have any experience with the Desert Pearl.

Good luck - you'll love Zions.
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 06:43 PM

Last summer we stayed at both places. Each had its positive points.

The Desert Pearl is really unique. Its very very clean. When we walked into the room, we were amazed at the special touches. My 10 year old daughter loved the hot chocolate mix and popcorn. My husband liked the down pillows and remote control ceiling fans. I loved the oversized bath towels, the special soaps and the beautiful view of the river. They truly thought of everything when they were designing the rooms.

The decor is very upscale. I am not a big fan of modern decor, but this hotel really made us all say "Wow!" The pool is very big and has a beautiful spa area.

We also stayed in the cabins at Zion Lodge (we could only get one night). The location is awesome. You are down in the canyon. The cabins are rustic looking but clean . . . they look like they were recently renovated inside. The best part is that the deer roam freely around the cabins and the lodge. We ate dinner at the lodge. It was expensive, but the food tasted good.

Looking back, I guess I would stay one night at each! OR maybe two at the Desert Pearl!!
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 04:37 AM

Stayed in the motel at ZIon and it was fine. Not fancy but decent and located right there in the park. Deer all over the place, grazing on the lawn at dust (Also saw a porcupine walking across)
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 11:06 AM

I've stayed at both & both are very nice. If you will be at Zion for more than a day, you'll want to visit the town of Springdale anyway so it's a toss up.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 11:24 AM

Moji, I too, am unable to decide between Desert Pearl and Flanigans Inn. Desert Pearl looks wonderful, but so does Flanigans. I did not want to stay in the Lodge because I heard not so good things about the food. Decent food is pretty essential to our trip, that is why we choose to stay in Springdale. The comments on Tripadvisor and elsewhere, have been VERY complimentary about the Desert Pearl Inn, FYI. Judy
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 07:12 PM
Original Poster

Though the Desert Pearl Inn sounds really wonderful, I think we will opt to stay at Zion Lodge for convenience of going on many hikes and to enjoy the sunrise/sunset in the park. Especially since our stay will be short. Thanks for all your great feedback!!
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 07:20 PM

Hi Moji!

Be sure to go out in the early morn & at dusk. Watch for the wild turkeys. They are very cool. Of course, the deer and other birds are everywhere.

Have fun!