Orlando Flight Upgrade Suggestions

Old Jan 5th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orlando Flight Upgrade Suggestions

I have been instructed to fly from San Diego to Miami Beach 1/2010 and San Diego to Orlando 6/2010 for business mtgs.

I really hate flying and the thought of 7 hours in a plane for a 1 day mtg esp these just does me in but I have no choice:

my question is are their any sites (like Travelocity, etc) that will quote airfare for flight upgrade with Frequent Flyer miles to Business/First Class?

Maybe if I can fly w/upgrade I can tolerate the trip better...which airline does better w/granting FF upgrades?

Also approx how long is the ground distance between MIA and Miami BCh (where Hoel Business mtg is scheduled?
I am worried about how much time to allow to go to MIA on rtn fight...
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 05:48 PM

Typically any FF upgrades have to be done directly with the airline. Do you have a corporate travel office? They can often get you free upgrades if there are seats available near flight time (we can get them about a week in advance). But - this is from business to first or full-fare coach to business.
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 05:53 PM

Second nytraveler. If you have miles, you must use them with the airline to upgrade. Talk to the airline about the minimum upgradeable fare and determine if your company will accept.
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much NYTraveler & Stumpworks.
Unfortunately our co fired our Travel Agency: now we have to book on our own and co will not reimburse for Bus or First Class: not even upgrades.
So I have to research & book on my own. That is why I was looking for a Travelocity like internet site that might help list upgrage availability & cost.

I do have alot of FF on my personal Amex Card. Has anyone used Amex Travel services???
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 09:48 AM

I don;t think it matters. I believe if it's FF points you have to manage the count and tansaction yourself. No company can use your FF miles.