Orlando,FL Accommodations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for first-hand knowledge and reommendations for accommodations in the Orlando, FL area for my boss and his family (family of 4). Preferably a 4-star or above resort with two-bedroom suites or adjoining/connecting rooms, or possibly condo accommodations. The resort does not have to be on the Disney property, but in reasonable driving distance. Does anyone have a first-hand recommendation for me? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 12:45 PM

www.holidayvillas.com
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 12:50 PM

When we went to Disney World with my clients who are "5 star or nothing" type people, we stayed in the concierge level of the Grand Floridian. It was perfection in every way. They do have 1 and 2 bedroom suites -- or if the sky's the limit, there is a Presidential Suite. I'm thinking you can also get connecting rooms at the concierge level, but I'm not real sure of that.
We also once stayed at the Grand Cypress Resort and expected something similar, but it was several steps down in service and quality.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 02:45 PM

The Grand Floridian would be wonderful.

Another option that came to mind is the Peabody Hotel on International Drive.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 04:24 PM

Haven't been able to afford a stay at the Grand Floridian, but can certainly recommend the Animal Kingdon Lodge. Lovely accommodations, a really wonderful restaurant in Boma, and lots to see. Don't know what your boss is like, but if he has kids, will like Animal Kingdom.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 04:41 PM

The Hyatt Grand Cyprus has fantastic grounds, pool facilities and activities - but the oly rooms Ihave seen there are the basic Hyatt rooms - distinctly 4* - not 5*. It does have the benefit of being off the Disney grounds, having many fewer kids underfoot and great access to facilities and golf courses. It might be worthwhile to see of they have special suites available.

If not, I would go for the Grand Floridian mentioned above. (I would avoid it if possible since there is a "feeling" to all Disney properties that is somehow too "downhome" for me.)
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 04:43 PM

Forgot. I REALLY like the Portofino Bay hotel - off International Drive and a Univeral property.