Oregon Coast......

Old Jul 29th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Ike
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oregon Coast......

I plan on driving from North Oregon to South Oregon on Highway 101 with stops at Cannon Beach and Gold Beach........Can anyone recommend the best rooms at Stephanie Inn and Tu Tu Tun Lodge........any other help on rooms and restaurants as well as sights to see is appreciated.
Old Jul 29th, 2005, 09:56 AM

We like the top floor rooms at Stephanie Inn the best, and most prefer the one at the north end of the building.

Depending on when you're planning to go, you may not have a choice at Tu Tu Tun. In April this year, I booked a two night stay for late next month. Even though the booking was five months in advance, nothing was available full except for one of the suites.

There are a number of good dining options in Cannon Beach, including the Stephanie Inn itself, Gower Street Bistro, and Bistro, all on the higher end. Let us know if you're looking for something casual. I'm not too familiar with Gold Beach, but from research, am looking forward to dinner at Tu Tu Tun.

Driving in one day from Cannon Beach to Gold Beach won't leave much time for sightseeing. But be sure you see Ecola St. Park in Cannon Beach, and stop at Haceta Head Lighthouse, probably the most photographed spot on the coast.

Old Jul 29th, 2005, 10:03 AM

Be sure and stop in Bandons Old Town to have dinneer at the Wild Rost Bistro. Superb, and quite reasonable.
Old Jul 29th, 2005, 04:07 PM

Hi Ike! We had a great meal at Bistro last night. Go for the Greek Lemon Soup and the Baked Salmon. So yummy! We'll be having another great meal at Gower St. very soon. I really like the gnocchi in brown butter there and the caprese salad. We had some really good pot de creme there last night also after surfing at Indian Beach.

We have also enjoyed meals at the Wayfarer and Stephanie Inn. I might try Driftwood Inn soon, we peeked in the door last night and picked up a menu that looks good. JP's is another possibility. Ecola State Park is gorgeous, we're out the door right now for a trip over there and some surfing. Enjoy your trip! ***kim***
Old Jul 29th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Kal

Oregon should have it's own Forum.
Old Jul 29th, 2005, 04:39 PM

Kal..when are you going to visit?
We are leaving early, we will be there by next weekend..we will have a GTG, whatchathink about that?