Orange Line From Midway

Search

Orange Line From Midway

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2007, 04:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orange Line From Midway

We will be traveling to Chicago this weekend and staying at the Hyatt Regency on the river downtown. We will be flying into Midway and I know I use the orange line but could someone tell me which station we should get off at and directions from there to the hotel? Will probably have a few more questions for you Chicago authorities but that's all for now!! Thanks.
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 05:50 AM

If you're going to walk from the L to your hotel, you can get off at State/Lake. Walk north on State to Wacker and turn right. The Hyatt is about 4 blocks.

If you'll have lots of luggage or the weather is bad, you may want to get off one block sooner, at Clark. The Clark station has elevators/escalators. From there, you can catch a cab to the hotel for only a few dollars.
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Citylghts. I think the Clark station is for us! We're from Florida and I know it will be COLD in comparison to our weather. The elevator and cab sound mighty fine! I need to get my winter fix but not sure about four blocks worth with luggage!! Thanks again.
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 07:15 AM

Forgot to mention that you can get maps and complete info at www.transitchicago.com.

If you'll be relying on public transit during your stay, you can buy a visitor pass at the Midway station that allows unlimited rides. They're $5 for a 1-day pass, $9 for a 2-day pass and $12 for a 3-day pass. The machine takes cash and plastic.

Also, the Clark station exits into the State Office Building so you'll have no problem finding a cab around there.
Old Feb 17th, 2007, 03:15 AM

I also need some Orange Line advice,please. I am staying in a Mag Mile hotel near the Chicago Ave, stop on the Red Line. I would like to take the Orange Line from Midway (with luggage) and transfer to the Red Line. The map would indicate that I could transfer at Roosevelt. My questions are: 1)Will I have to negotiate a lot of stairs to transfer at Roosevelt? 2) Is the transfer at State/Lake easier? 3) Should I just bite the bullet,take the Orange line to Clark and grab a cab?
MANY THANKS.
Old Feb 17th, 2007, 05:02 AM

#3 is the best bet. Cabs are cheap in Chicago.

Curious