Orange County Restaurants

Old Jul 13th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orange County Restaurants

My son is getting married in Santa Ana and I will be hosting the rehearsal dinner. I live on the east coast and have no idea what restaurants are available in the area. The bride-to-be is living here also and I really don't want to ask her family to do the work of finding a place. Does anybody have any suggestions of good, reasonable places for such a gathering? Possibly something where we could have a private room. Thanks so much.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 06:25 PM

Will you be staying in Santa Ana- if so where and also where is the wedding. There are many places down near South Coast Plaza or the beach but kind of depends on where you will be and how far you want to go away from where you are staying. What type of food do you want? I am sure I can offer some ideas as can other So. Californians if we have an idea what you are looking for.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 06:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You don't have to ask the bride's family to find a place, but I'm sure they would have a few ideas...
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

The wedding is at the Embassy Suites near John Wayne Airport and most of the people coming from out of town will be staying somewhere near there. I'd probably like to keep the restaurant somewhere within a half hour's drive. By the water would be nice. As far as type of food, I'd like something "American" or Italian, not Mexican or Oriental. I appreciate any suggestions. The bride has mentioned The Orange County Mining Co. and Orange Hill.
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Orange Mining Co. has great views of Orange County esp. beautiful at night,
30 minute drive from John Wayne gives you all of Laguna Beach for possibilities as well.
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 05:03 PM

I would suggest Orange Hill over the Orange Mining Company. It's beautiful and the food is much better and you have the same great view.
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 06:24 PM

I also would recommend the Orange Hill REstaurant over Orange County Mining. It has a gorgeous view and the food is good. A very upscale place that we like in Anaheim is the Napa Rose at the Grand Californian Restaurant. The food has been excellent as is the service. I also like Summit House in Fullerton (also has a nice view, but not as nice as Orange Hill). There are tons more restaurants in the South Coast Area as well as the Newport and Laguna Areas but just can't think of them off hand. I went to a recent wedding at the Embassy Suites where your wedding will take place and it was lovely and I was impressed with the food at the reception too.