Kids Activities in Central Coast

Jun 20th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Original Poster

Kids Activities in Central Coast

My husband and I and my 3 year old will be staying in Pismo Beach for 1st week of July. We will staying at the Dolphin Bay Hotel. Any thoughts on the hotel? Also, any good suggestions for kids activities in the area.
Thanks!!
Jun 20th, 2006, 08:48 PM

The Dolphin Bay Hotel is beautiful!! The beach will be the biggest draw to your child. Bring plenty of beach toys. Some other ideas are... a cute children's museum in Santa Maria (abot 15 min. south, Avila Valley Barn 10 min. north that has farm animals you can feed, berries to pick, and great ice cream. Can you rent bikes? There is a great, easy bike trail by Avila barn that takes you to the beach. Avila Beach has a great playground for little ones. There is also a miniature golf/video game/ bumper boat place in Santa Maria called Boomers.
Do you need restaurant suggestions? Let me know.
Jun 20th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for the great suggestions! Yes, restaurant recommendations will be wonderful. I am looking for a mix of causal dining and a couple nice restaurants.
Thanks!
Jun 20th, 2006, 09:04 PM

The rest. at the hotel (Lido's I think)is very nice. My favorite restaurant in Pismo is Guiseppe's-excellent italian. My family loves Splash Cafe-famous for it's clam chowder but also has fish, burgers, chicken strips, etc. Steamers(beautiful ocean views) is another great one-nice mix of seafood, pasta, chicken and beef. Have you hear of McClintocks? It is known for it's beef although they have plenty of other choices. You get ALOT of food but it is a fun restaurant. Scotty's has great fish tacos (can you tell I like fish?), Pom & Roys has good burgers, the restaurant in the Sea Venture(great ocean views) is very nice with good food. We have some favorites in San Luis Obispo too (15-20 min north). In Avila Fat Cats is fun. It is right across from the water and is casual. I'll get back to you on other suggestions.
Jun 22nd, 2006, 07:49 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help!
Jun 26th, 2006, 05:10 PM
trippinkpj

In addition to Splash in downtown Pismo, I like Brad's. A casual sit down family restaurant with good seafood and trip tip. Mo's a few doors down has good BBQ, at a order at the counter place. Pismo is a fun town to walk around, and there's a nice beachwalk for strolling. ITA on Avila Barn as a great place to take your 3 yr. old.

Jun 26th, 2006, 05:12 PM
trippinkpj

I meant Tri tip, LOL.