Search

Omni Shoreham or Barcello

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Omni Shoreham or Barcello

We were thinking of booking the Omni but did
not see many restaurants in the area. The Barcello is near Dupont Circle & that area seems to have many. Does anyone know of any mid price eateries near the Omni? The distance between the hotels is only one stop on the metro. However, in the evening we would prefer to walk to local restaurants. The price of the hotels are similar. Thank you for your input.
Mort
Old May 20th, 2004, 10:14 AM

There are many restaurants within a short walk of the Shoreham. Conn. Ave. in the two blocks north of Calvert St is packed with restaurants of many flavors, probably all mid-priced. Perhaps nothing as good as the best on P St near Barcelo, but OK.
Old May 20th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Doh

Plus you can cross the Duke Ellington bridge to Adams Morgan and there are a ton of great places to eat a 5-10 minute walk away.
Old May 21st, 2004, 04:35 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the replies.
The info. you gave us led to our booking the Omni.
Mort
Old May 24th, 2004, 03:54 PM

I live near the Omni Shoreham and though there are a lot of restaurants in the immediate neighborhood, many are pretty mediocre, or at least not places I'd go out of my way for. There are 3 middle eastern restaurants, 3 Indian, at least two Thai, two sushi, one Cajun, one Irish, a vaguely Italian, an upscale French, a Chipotle, and a McDonalds. And one really good destination (and pricey) restaurant -- New Heights -- just across from the hotel. If you tell me what kind of food you like I can make recommendations. As Doh points out, it's only a short walk to Adams Morgan, where there are lots of restaurants, most there also serving ethnic cuisine. (If you want a burger and shake, go to The Diner.) And at the Omni you're only a 15 to 25 minute walk from Dupont, and one metro stop away.