Omaha Hotels

Old May 16th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Omaha Hotels

Can anyone give me a rating on some Omaha hotels: The Best Western Redick Plaza, the Sheraton Omaha? Or is there something better. It's for one night, but I'm a "hotel snob;" I like a good room and a good bed and some services when possible. It's for one night. Thanks.
Old May 16th, 2005, 05:57 PM

Both of those are older properties. I liked the Sheraton when it was a Westin years ago but haven't stayed in a while. The Best Western is a little far from the action for still being downtown.

The hotel with the best location combined with other positives is the Embassy Suites. It's across the street from the start of the Old Market. The only place happening in downtown Omaha in the evenings.

I've eaten at the new Hilton. It's a few blocks north of the Old Market next to the new convention center. I really like the restaurant in the Hilton, the Liberty Tavern Restaurant. Excellent food. Haven't stayed in the hotel though.

Old Market restaurants I like are Delice for lunch. The desserts are excellent. For dinner there's V. Mertz, Vivaci and M's Pub. All are nice. I've never been impressed with Omaha Prime, but if you want a big chunk of beef it might be for you.

Sorry I don't have that much about Omaha hotels. I always stay with friends. Since Omaha is not exactly a tourist mecca, I'm not sure how much help you'll get.
Old May 16th, 2005, 06:14 PM

I stayed at the Hilton last month and found the rooms quite luxurious. I agree that the restaurant was very good. There was a minor plumbing problem in the room that was attened to quickly and pleasantly.

It was an easy walk to the Old Market area.
Old May 16th, 2005, 07:00 PM

Is the French Cafe still there in the Market area? Loved it when I was there a while back.

M's is definitely worth a stop.
Old May 19th, 2005, 06:35 PM

I checked with my Omaha friends. The French Cafe is still there.
Old May 20th, 2005, 04:26 AM

Thanks, Indy. I'll definitely be stopping by there the next time I'm visiting Omaha.