Older Teens on Family Nashville Trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2024, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

March 23 my family of four arrives in Nashville for a five-night spring break getaway. Daughter 16 yo loves Taylor Swift, son 18 yo enjoys golf, we are looking for ideas to thrill them. They are easy going and I am planning educational items like the State Capitol. The last four nights staying at Embassy Suites Downtown. These are the ideas compiled...

Country Music Hall of Fame, Nissan Stadium, Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park, State Capitol, Taylor Swift bench, Grand Ole Opry, National Museum of African American Music, The Gulch, Walk of Fame and Ryman Auditorium.

Food: Biscuit Love, Arnold's Country Kitchen

We won't have a car. Is The Parthenon worth the Uber?

What are best experience for teens to enjoy music in Honky Tonk Highway?

Your ideas are appreciated!
Old Feb 18th, 2024, 06:17 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
They have phones, right? Why not ask them? Not being humorous, just think that trips go better when everyone has a buy-in and gives their time to research and input. I'm sure a Swiftie can come up with a few things that would interest her (lol, but again truly). Same with your son... ask him to find a golf course nearby where you are staying, find out the cost to get there, rent clubs, etc.
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is truly a good idea. They have been asked yet put the trip on the back burner to college courses and social life. Their typical reaction will be input a few days before the trip, which I have accommodated in the past.

Our first evening we land at 10pm and we are investigating areas to stay, without the burden of the Embassy Suite DT price. Any thoughts on Green Hills Mall area to sleep without frills?

Last edited by Googs; Feb 19th, 2024 at 05:56 PM. Reason: spelling