Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Would 16/17 year old teens like the AI resorts like Grand Lico Braco or Negril better than the Beaches resort? In the summer are their generaly other teens at these 16+ age resorts or mostly older couples?

Search

Would 16/17 year old teens like the AI resorts like Grand Lico Braco or Negril better than the Beaches resort? In the summer are their generaly other teens at these 16+ age resorts or mostly older couples?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 05:48 PM
Mary H.

With older teens it is difficult to find night life - I am looking for resorts that tend to have alot of older teens - preferably no babies/toddlers. (For my sanity mostly). Trying to find the right mix of adult ambiance for me and enough older teens for them to mix with. Any other ideas? Have looked at Grand Lido. They allow 16+. Thanks.

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 06:58 PM
vs

I believe the Grand Lido resorts have a minimum age of 18. I believe Breezes Resorts has a minimum age of 16. Have been to Beaches Negril (dinner only) and walked the property. Seems like a lot to do for teens. We were staying at Sandals Negril at the time. Grand Lido SS average age group is mid-thirties to mid-forties.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 06:25 AM
Mari

I think you will find very, very few teens at the Grand Lido Resorts. We have been to Grand Lido Braco twice, on one trip there were no teens whatsoever, on the other trip there were 2 families, each with 2 older teens ( a total of 4 teenagers on the whole resort - 3 girls and 1 boy, the boy was visibly bored the entire time, except when we saw him secretly purchasing ganja on the beach). Unless they are the type of teenagers who are happy to spend time by themselves, either relaxing on the beach or partaking of the watersports, I wouldn't think they would enjoy a Grand Lido ... there are not likely to be many, if any, teens to hang out with. By far the vast majority of guests at Grand Lido Braco are couples. The nightlife at Braco is geared to adults, often with slightly risque themes that you may or may not feel to be appropriate for your teens such as toga party, "dare to bare" PJ party. I would imagine they would find Beaches Negril more to their liking, as there are numerous activities there specifically geared to teenagers (Sega centre, teen swim up "bar" with a soda fountain rather than alcohol, a disco specifically for teens with karaoke, other evening activities for teens, etc.).

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 11:42 AM
kristin

Mary, <BR>I was at Grand Lido Braco last December... I also believe that it is 18+ and there were No teens there when we were there. The nightlife is most definitely 'adult'.Look into the Breezes resorts... I do think that all-inclusive is the way to go though!

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 12:07 PM
andrea

I strongly advise you to skip the Lidos and Breezes resorts with teenagers in tow. A better option would be the Jamaica Grande resort in Ocho Rios.

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 05:38 PM
Mary

Thanks so much to everyone for their help. We have booked at Beaches. It is nice to get advice from people who have been there. My kids would have been bored with no other teens. I checked again - the age is 16+ - but again, without alot of other older teens,they wouldn't have fun. Thanks again!