Reload this Page >

Old Fashioned Show In Las Vegas?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2002, 11:41 PM
Nikki

We are taking European guests to Las Vegas for a few nights next month. What is the best show to book for the Old Las Vegas feel, with show girls and music? The have requested this, and I am at a loss. Thanks.

Old May 28th, 2002, 03:53 AM
Greg

If they explicitely requested an old-fashioned show, I would take them to see Jubilee, although my wife and I did not like it (maybe because we're in our upper 20's - not 60's)

Old May 28th, 2002, 04:00 AM
Serena

There are two shows that fit the bill. One is "Jubilee" showing at Bally's and the other is "Follies" showing at The Tropicana. They are both Las Vegas Show girl shows. Very pretty. "Jubilee" has everything including a scene from Samson and Deliah and the sinking of the Tiatanic"
. I recently saw Jubilee again. The costumes were pretty. I remember really liking "Follies", but it has been years since I have seen it. You can't go wrong with either show. AT Bally's, do not pay extra for table seating. It is too close to the stage.Book the theater type seating that is back further from the stage. Ask for front row theater type seating, if available. At "Folies", ask for booth seating. Hope this info helps. Have fun in Vegas.

Old May 28th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Nikki

Thanks I will look into these shows. For another night how about Sigfried and Roy? Does that fit the bill?

Old May 28th, 2002, 10:08 AM
x

try the Living Legends show at the Imperial Palace....it isn`t old but Mystere and O are excellant...ck out lvol.com ---and cheapovegas.com

Old May 28th, 2002, 11:00 AM
xx

None of my business of course, but its funny to see people wanting to attend an 'old-fashioned' show - not 'best' show.

Another vote for Mystere and O.

Old May 28th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Nikki

Well, coming from Europe I suppose they want to see a traditional "Vegas show". I loved Mystere years ago, but it could be seen anywhere, not like showgirls with plumes and fishnets. They are interested in the old days of Vegas with gangsters, etc. I don't know what they have learned in Europe, but they also want to see Chicago where the St. Valentine Day Massacre happened!

Old May 28th, 2002, 06:52 PM
x

there is also THE RAT PACK at the Sahara......

Old May 28th, 2002, 08:08 PM
s

Jerry Lewis signed on at the Orleans.He does a surprisingly good show.

Old May 28th, 2002, 08:52 PM
joesorce

The Rat Pack show at the Sahara has closed and has been replaced by Charo. She puts on a good show, with some terrific classical guitar, but no show girls. A lot of cuchi-cuchi but no showgirls.

I too would pick Legends in Concert at the Imperial Palace for European guests. They are sure to be familiar with Madonna, Elvis etc and should enjoy the impersonations.