Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Ohau - leaving in 4 days- swap meet/dinner reservations quest.!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 01:09 PM
domz

Just wondering about the Aloha Stadium Swap meet: since there's a farm fair going on this weekend, will the swap meet still be happening? Also, is one day better than the other to go? (It runs Wed and Sat, correct?) Also wondering about reservations for dining. How far in advance do you have to do this? I'd like to wait until we get there for flexibility, but want to be able to eat at Nicks, Sam Choys, and Roys for sure. Can I make res. a day or two before hand? Thanks!

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 03:35 PM
andy

The Swap Meet is on Sat, Sun, and Wed, usually Sunday has the most vendors and Wed the least. No interference with the farm fair which is on the lower level parking lot.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 06:22 AM
xxx

domz go early it gets plenty hot out there and right about noon. Not sure heat stroke is worth the $5 t-shirts.

Not sure when you are going but in August there is a "made in Hawaii" festival at the blaisdel. This is a great place for souveniers.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 09:09 AM
domz

Thanks for your help. Anyone on the dinner reservations? Time's running out!

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 09:38 AM
aaa

I do it as soon as I can. I don't know where you are staying but what if you bump inot a time when a nearby convention or group is in town. There goes you reservation. I also just like having one less thing to plan.

Up to you atleast 1-2 weeks for Roy's on Oahu can't comment on Nicks or Choy's. I would book give them your telephone numbers than remember to call and cancel if you have other plans.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 01:35 PM
Patty

I haven't had any problems getting into Roy's or Sam Choy's with 1 or 2 days advance reservations. If you have flexible dining hours you can probably even get same day res. Never been to Nick's before so can't comment on that one.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 05:42 PM
jay

Just got home today from Oahu.Made same day reservations @ Nicks, Hau Tree Lanai, Matteos, Trattoria and Crouching Lion. Got Ocean Front @ Hau Tree and Lion. Most reservations were for 8:30 PM. Don't miss Hau Tree. Prix fix dinner
for $45 each.Appetizer, Filet & Tail,
dessert and coffee for this price. Other
combos are available. Best meal we had!!
Service impeccable.
Jay