Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How far in advance should I make the reservations at the Jules Verne on the Eiffel Towel?

Search

How far in advance should I make the reservations at the Jules Verne on the Eiffel Towel?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:20 AM
nicole

Going mid April

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:22 AM
Hurryhurry

As soon as your dates are firm, you should book this. Most people say 6 months in advance. We emailed our concierge 3 months prior and he was able to arrange lunch but not the saturday night dinner we preferred. This is a special treat. A must do. And the food and service are exemplary.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:22 AM
Grasshopper

Depends on whether you want to go for lunch or dinner. I made lunch reservations for 12/26 only about 4 weeks ahead. I hear dinner is months in advance.<BR><BR>Try www.reservethebest.com You can make reservations and get feedback by email.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:23 AM
Wendy

It depends on if you are having lunch or dinner. For dinner I'd be safe and call them at least 2 months in advance, for lunch 30 days should be more that suffice.<BR><BR>I had a fabulous lunch there 3 years ago! Enjoy and give yourself plenty of time to do it up right!

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Wendy

WOW 6 months for dinner! I stand corrected! Why don't you call the restaurant and ask them when can they start taking reservations for next year?<BR><BR>Have fun!

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Gretchen

Call them as soon as you can. You will need to give them your hotel number.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 11:45 AM
elaine

The Jules Verne has a website, email, and a fax number, fyi.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 11:54 AM
David

Nicole,<BR><BR>It is never to early to book reservations for Le Jules Verne for dinner. Personally, however, I would advise making the reservations yourself instead of going through reservethebest.com. We tried using them last year for JV and Tour d'Argent and didn't hear back from them until we were actually in Paris (we called them two months prior to going).<BR><BR>Book the good ones ASAP!<BR><BR>Strive

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Burta

Elaine:<BR><BR>Can you give us information about the Jules Verne website and e-mail?<BR><BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 12:14 PM

reservations by phone or fax only.<BR>Here is the site<BR>http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/teiffel/uk...sto/index.html

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Peg

JV takes no reservations by e-mail, only fax or phone. Be prepared to give the phone number of where you will be staying in Paris. Fax number is 01 47 05 29 41, phone for res. 01 45 55 61 44. My fax was answered within 24 hrs.