Ogden or Salt Lake City

Old Jul 28th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ogden or Salt Lake City

We're flying out of Salt Lake City after spending time in Montana & Yellowstone late August. We currently have reservations in Salt Lake City near the airport, but noticed we'll be driving through Ogden, which has a nice looking historic area. Wondered if it would be a better place to spend the night. We will have time the next day to check out Temple Square in Salt Lake City. Thanks.
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 09:42 AM

stay in salt lake. although it's nice, there is very, very little to see in ogden.
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 11:31 AM

I agree with the above post. There's much more to see in Salt Lake then Ogdon.
Old Jul 29th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

We'll keep the reservations in SLC and just stop for a little while in Ogden on the way. Thanks for the info!
Old Jul 29th, 2005, 10:38 AM

Hi B,

Another option, if you drive back via Hwy 89 through WY to Evanston, then you can spend the night in Park City. Best of all.

The drive to SLC airport is 30 minutes from Park City.
Old Jul 29th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Deblynn

We live in Ogden, and I would definitely say to stay in Park City! Right in the mountains with wonderful restaurants. If you are not LDS, Temple Square is not much to see. Park City has galleries, hiking, biking, wonderful shopping, and great food! If you decide Park City, you can email me for some restaurant suggestions if you like, as we go to Park City and Salt Lake City on a regular basis to dine. Have Fun!

Old Jul 29th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Deblynn

Oops! Forgot to give you my email for restaurant suggestions, [email protected]

Old Jul 29th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Original Poster

I've seen Park City recommended a lot on this forum, and will check into it. I was under the impression that it was mostly a skiing/hiking/sports, etc. town. My parents would probably enjoy the historic main street. We'd be up for lunch suggestions, but dinner will be at the airport . Thanks again or the help.
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 06:00 AM

Hi again B,

I live in Park City and love it! Most everyone enjoys the town because there is so much to do and see.

Non-sports: visit Utah Olympic Park where the bob sled, ski jumping and luge and skeleton were held. You can even ride the bob sled track in a summer wheeled sled. ($$) You can also watch the athletes train and take a very interesting tour of the facilities and the ski museum. Everyone I send there really likes it.

There are many fabulous galleries, boutiques, gourmet restaurants with outdoor dining. Great for lunches.
Also a small museum on Main Street and lots of restored historic homes on Park Avenue.

In Heber Valley, about 20 minutes from Park City, there is an air museum and an antique steam engine railroad.

Have fun!
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:05 AM
Deblynn

A good lunch in Park City is Baja Cantina for mexican, or if you want a burger, Burgies is good. Alot of the good restaurants in PC are only open for dinner.
Also for Salt Lake, there is a wonderful mexican restaurant, the Rio Grande, that is quite close to the airport and would definitely be my choice over the airport anyday.

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 04:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again for all of the info. I'm adding this whole thread to my trip notes!