Search

October?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
October?

This has probably been asked a gazillion times but here it goes again ...in October over the holiday weekend are there usually lots of kids around? Staying at the Flamingo mainly because of the pool/location and was wondering if it was going to be overrun.

Thanks!!!
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 05:33 PM

Errrr, where is "The Flamingo".

Never mind, I would think that children would not be out and about in October. School, you know.

Do you mean the Halloween "holiday weekend"?

Never heard of that. There is Oct. 31st and then there is Nov. 1st. What "holiday weekend"?
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 06:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I am guessing the poster means Vegas by the Flamingo. And I am also guessing that she means Columbus day weekend? I am not sure about Vegas, but my kids are not off on Columbus day for the second year in a row. I planned my fortieth birthday around that weekend last year in the Bahamas and we had to pull them out of school to go. So, maybe more public schools are not giving that day off anymore.
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 09:26 PM

I don't think parents will take their kids to the Flamingo to go swimming in October, if Vegas is where you mean. Don't worry about it, I'm sure it will be as quiet as Vegas can get. I just hope, for your sake, that it won't be cold the way it is in December.
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 09:50 AM

For some reason, people insist on bringing children to Las Vegas. No matter where you go, expect to see them. To avoid them, stay at the most sophisticated (read expensive) hotel you can find. Think Four Seasons, Wynn, Bellagio.

Depending upon the time of the month, October is not really pool weather. Highs will range from the upper 80's at the beginnin of the month to the upper 70's near the end of the month. Overnight lows can be from the low 60's to the low 50's. It can also be quite windy and cool at any point.

So it's great walking-around weather, but you probably won't want to get wet.