Search

Ocean City, MD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 07:51 AM
JonC

Ocean City, MD

I will be taking my family to Ocean City in July and I am looking for some input on hotels plus other miscellaneous things.

I am considering the following hotels and would like some input.
Quality Inn Beachfront
Quality Inn Oceanfront
Beachmark Motel
Nassau Motel

Is it better to stay on or off the boardwalk and how busy is the area north of 40th St?

Is the bus transportation offered worthwhile to use?

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 08:28 AM
oc

Most of those are really old hotels. I never stay on the boardwalk. I would check with a local realtor and look into renting a condo. Usually much nicer for the same price or even less.

Everything in OC is busy...all the way down to the DE line. The bus is not bad--if it's really crowded, you sometimes have to wait for a bus or two to be able to get on.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 08:44 AM
xx

Ocean City is extemely busy in July.
The bus system is convenient especially in July when parking is at such a premium. The previous poster is correct in that the bus gets heavy usage and quite often full during peak times.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Addie

We stay every year at the Nassau Motel. It is a convenient location however, the rooms have not been update since 1970, although their most recent brochure indicated they were recently refurbished. I am hoping so. We stay in the poolside efficiencies. The oceanfront suites are brand new with an indoor pool. The condo situation is much nicer for a weeks stay. Contact Moore, Warfield and Glick realtors in OC, which we also used in years past.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 09:41 AM
jason

check out the holiday inn on 17th st. its very new and has all suite rooms with a kitchen and jacuzzi as well as balconies in each room.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:28 AM
Kim

We stay at the Beachmark every year. Nothing fancy but has the biggest pool in Ocean City. Has a fridge, stove and microwave, but that isn't even a separate area from the beds. You have to walk through a parking lot to get to the beach. There are a few mini golf, bowling and ice cream places within walking distance. We use the bus with the kids through the day, but not as evening approaches. Too many rowdy teenagers.

Old Jan 30th, 2003, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a fan of OC...I would recommend Bethany Beach in Delaware. much nicer!
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JonC -

I found Ocean City to be a worthwhile visit, but extremely overpriced for the hotels. We did go however during 4th of July weekend though. I suggest you make advance reservations, which is sounds like you are going to do.

Yes, I did find the bus system to be useful!

The ocean is wonderful and the tides get quite large in the morning and right before sunset. We rented jetskis there and had a ball.

There is a great ministry that is going on EVERY weekend in the summer @ Ocean City. It is a man who has a 9-5 M-F day job, but on the weekend he comes to Ocean City and creates the most beautiful sand sculpted scenes of Jesus. He does the 3 Kings, Jesus on the cross, Noahs Ark, amongst other scenes depicting Jesus' life. You will not miss it because he does it right off the boardwalk. Truly a sight not to be missed. People just walk by and are in complete awe at his miraculous ability to carve such impecable detail.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your trip.

Susan