oahu hotels this month

Search

oahu hotels this month

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2023, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oahu hotels this month

Can anyone point me to a hotel for Oahu this month? Just me and my husband on a budget and don't need ocean view.
Old Oct 14th, 2023, 12:39 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to Fodors.

Originally Posted by jennywuchner1328
. . . on a budget and don't need ocean view.
Everyone is 'on a budget' - of one sort or another. What is your budget -- a $ number?
Old Oct 14th, 2023, 02:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
And... where on Oahu?
Old Oct 14th, 2023, 03:03 PM

With no idea of your budget, I’ll throw out the Kaimana Beach, Queen Kapiolani and Park Shore hotels. Moderate in the quieter part of Waikiki.
Old Oct 14th, 2023, 07:03 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I can name a few places on a reasonable budget for Waikiki. Look at: Wayfinder (formerly Waikiki Sand Villa with a recent renovation and ownership and name change), Surfjack, White Sands, Queen Kapiolani, Royal Grove, Luana, the Breakers. If you don't care about a pool there's also Ewa and the Pearl. These are in the $200-300/night range. Be careful when booking because there is a significant layer of local taxes plus usually a daily 'resort fee' so to find a $250/night room (for example) the price you first see should be only around $200.

Kaimana is a nice suggest but on the outskirts of Waikiki, towards DiamondHead, and has no pool but a nice beach. Quieter setting near Kapiolani Park.

If you wanted to be on the beach and don't mind that cost you can look at one of the two Outrigger properties. Or just across the street from the beach places like Hyatt Regency, Twin Fin, Alohilani (these are pricier).
Old Oct 15th, 2023, 09:29 AM

Wayfinder (formerly Sand Villa)
Surfjack
White Sands
Luana
The Breakers
Royal Grove
Ewa
The Pearl
Old Oct 15th, 2023, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

definitely under $200 a night but more like $150.
thanks
Old Oct 15th, 2023, 12:24 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
If you mean under $200, but preferably $150 all in? Including taxes and fees? That is going to be tough. Plus rates are VERY date specific. Take the Queen Kapiolani mentioned above for example -- weekdays will be within your budget, but not on weekends. Especially after adding in the nearly 18% total various hotel taxes.

A weekday room there is $159 but with taxes it is $188. Their $202 weekend rate would total $238+.
Old Oct 15th, 2023, 03:27 PM

{definitely under $200 a night but more like $150.}

That really isn't possible in a normal hotel situation. Perhaps you can find that on private rentals but that is not usually recommended and needs specific research. Because for a bottomline of $150usd means you're starting at only $100/night. Unless you are doing a long-stay and renting a condo/apartment, your expectations are not realistic for a hotel.
Old Oct 16th, 2023, 05:54 AM

I would suggest going to a hotel booking site and then put in your times and specifically put in your budget range. Do take into account that you will have to add money for taxes and resort, fees or hotel fees. I would say try to stretch it out to $200 so put in a maximum amount of 150. That’ll give you a room for the additional fees. I tried it last night and it worked. Give it a go!
Old Oct 16th, 2023, 12:39 PM

I agree with that because it will be a reality check. Put in $100/night for a Waikiki hotel in a general search like on booking dot com, hotels dot com, expedia, or other. Then sort it low price first. That will show you what $100-$150 list price (ending up under $200) will get you in Waikiki.

(sorry for the duplicate post above, i was thrown into 'moderation' and it wasn't showing up, so i repeated my best suggestions for anything near this low price request).

Last edited by suze; Oct 16th, 2023 at 12:41 PM.
Old Oct 16th, 2023, 05:40 PM

Hotels.com will give a total price on the front end, although you still cannot sort by total price.

If you enter your dates, Filter as hotel and Guest Rating 8 and above rating you should see a few options for October. (better prices if you are a hotels.com member).

not likely to get much of a view at that price.

Last edited by mlgb; Oct 16th, 2023 at 05:45 PM.
Old Oct 19th, 2023, 07:51 PM
Original Poster

parking

OK well i was only guessing at what a hotel would cost per night and obviously i did not think it through.
Anyway after looking around I am seeing that places offer valet parking for $45 per night. Is that common?
Is there other parking available or what is it like for street or open parking lots?
I'm from the midwest and most places around here have free parking...
thanks
Old Oct 20th, 2023, 05:50 AM

OK well i was only guessing at what a hotel would cost per night and obviously i did not think it through.
Anyway after looking around I am seeing that places offer valet parking for $45 per night. Is that common?
Is there other parking available or what is it like for street or open parking lots?
thanks
I cannot help you with this. When we stayed at the Hyatt Regency parking was $50 per day. That’s just part of the cost I’m afraid. I don’t know about street parking because I don’t know where you may end up staying and was available. I wouldn’t think that would be much available in any case. Good luck!
When you do a search for hotels, parking information should be available.
Old Oct 20th, 2023, 02:44 PM

thanks
unfortunately, that’s also part of the cost. Do you need to have a car? There are too many places there that have public parking as far as I know.
Old Oct 22nd, 2023, 08:58 AM

$45 is a decent rate for parking at a hotel in Waikiki. There are a few places that have free parking (Surfjack offers it but off-site). And no, trying to find free street parking is not really a viable option.

You don't necessarily need a car staying in Waikiki (I've done a half-dozen trips there without one). Or it is also possible to rent by the day, only when you need one.

As far as guessing at hotel prices, you can look at the ones suggested online and see what they are like. Even for a "budget hotel" expect to pay at least $200/night once all fees and taxes are added in. The places I listed in posts #5 &#6 are in the $200-300 range.
Old Oct 23rd, 2023, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by suze
$45 is a decent rate for parking at a hotel in Waikiki. There are a few places that have free parking (Surfjack offers it but off-site). And no, trying to find free street parking is not really a viable option.

You don't necessarily need a car staying in Waikiki (I've done a half-dozen trips there without one). Or it is also possible to rent by the day, only when you need one.

As far as guessing at hotel prices, you can look at the ones suggested online and see what they are like. Even for a "budget hotel" expect to pay at least $200/night once all fees and taxes are added in. The places I listed in posts #5  are in the $200-300 range.
I agree in that you don’t need a car in Waikiki.
You can use Uber which we found to be reasonably priced.
Old Oct 23rd, 2023, 08:38 AM

Besides a rental car or Uber... there is also The Bus, trolley lines, taxis, shuttles, tours, etc. to get around.