Search

Oahu buses

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2003, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oahu buses

hello out there. i'm going to be staying in waikiki in october and everything is pretty much set. however, i wasn't able to find good bus info. for example which buses do i take to get to pearl harbor, swapmeet, and the dole plantation? also, are there any nice seneic bus rides i should take? any info would be great. thanks.
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 08:34 AM

http://www.thebus.org/

However, they are still having a strike. While it will most likely be over by October, you never know. You can check the site for details.
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 11:47 AM

From puddy: "However, they are still having a strike. While it will most likely be over by October, you never know."
----------------------------------------
Don't count on it! There's something seriously wrong when the bus drivers think they should be paid more than the local police officers and fire fighters.
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 01:03 PM

Don't worry about the strike. Buses are on almost every street corner and your hotel will give you good info regarding that. As far as the swap meet goes - pick up some brochures in he airport - there are many that offer round trip for $6 - they drop you off and there is always another one waiting whenever you want to leave. Whatever you do don't take a cab there - $30 one way!! These same $6 buses do the same thing for pearl harbor, try to combine the two if possible since they are both in the same general area which is a good 20 -30 minutes from Waikiki depending on traffic.
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 07:22 PM

You can pick up a 4 day bus pass at any ABC store for about $15. It's unlimited rides for 4 consecutive days. As far as scenic bus rides, you could do the Circle tour of the island. I know we picked up some bus schedules when we were there last October, but I don't remember where we got them - I'm thinking one of the bus drivers gave them to us.