NYC weather this week

May 16th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

NYC weather this week

We'll be leaving California tomorrow morning for a week in New York City and I'm trying to pack. It's been close to the 90's in the bay area and I'm wearing shorts today, but now I've got to get into a NY mindset. I'm expecting rain so I've got the umbrella in the suitcase. We've got tickets to a 1 PM Yankee's game on Thursday--should I take a rain poncho? How rainy is it expected to be--just a little bit or lots? Should I be packing sweaters and warm stuff?
May 16th, 2006, 10:33 AM

It's a litle coolish - but not cold - 63 at the moment. Rain has varied from drizzle to noticeable (do need an umbie). If the rain gets really bad at the stadium you can go back under the overhang, inside - or buy a poncho there.

I might bring a cotton sweater - but you should do mostly fine with pants and long or short sleeve shirts. No need for shorts or skimpy tops though - it is May not August.
May 16th, 2006, 12:17 PM

I've always found that when you're not prepared for rain, it storms...and when you're prepared, you get nothing but blue skies. So bring that poncho!

Seriously though, it never hurts to have a waterproof outer layer. If it's windy as well as rainy, the umbrella will only keep you so dry.
May 16th, 2006, 12:31 PM

If you've got a trench, bring it.
May 23rd, 2006, 11:30 AM
granniem

the best way to get a long distance weather report is to go to your AOL main menu and see the weather icon. It says change location. Get a zip code for the area you are interested (you might be able to get city-not sure). I have my sons FL zip code so I always know what the weather is there. I open my window to find mine. LOL