NYC TKTS Booth question

Search

NYC TKTS Booth question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NYC TKTS Booth question

I'm bringing my daughter and 6 of her friends to nyc for her 16th b/day.

Can I purchase all 8 tickets or is there a per person limit?
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 06:44 AM

That's a good question and I don't know the answer. It doesn't say on the webiste either (at least I can't find it). tdf.org/tkts

But whether they do or not, you'd need all cash or travelers cheques and you might have a hard time finding 8 seats together. You could split up. A better and less time consuming option might be to try to get discount tix in advance using a code from broadwaybox.com or one of the other websites. Do you know what show you'd like to see? When is this for?
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

This would be for 2/16 or 17th and I was thinking Hairspray or RENT.

I couldn't find any mention of it on their site either and the only # I could find is closed today. I guess I could call on Monday.

Thanks for the broadwaybox tip. I need to find the best(lowest) price I can as I'm also buying train tix, meals and hotel.
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 09:40 AM

Your chances of getting 8 tickets together would not be great. Since you still have a lot of time go to broadwaybox.com and order discounted tickets in advance - so you can get what they have now - not just at the last moment. Plus - you save all that time standing on line while in the city.
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 09:52 AM

A few more thoughts/options.

>Since you're here on Fri., you could print out the discount pages to shows you'd like from broadwaybox website and bring them directly to either of the theaters when you first arrive. That way you could get either Fri. night or Sat. matinee tix, whichever are better/available. You'd save the transaction fees that are paid by buying online and you can use a credit card.

>If you're willing to go to a Sat. matinee, you could try the TKTS booth downtown across from South Street seaport on Fri. They sell matinees for the following day (Sat.) vs. Times Square booth that only sells for same day. (Btw, if there's a limit on how many tix an individual can buy, you should be able to buy at least 4. Your daughter can buy the other 4)

>seasonofsavings.com is another promotion covering Jan/Feb. and there might be better discounts that way.

>http://www.nycvisit.com/PaintTownSea...?pagePkey=1626 is yet another promotion that also has theater discounts.

Check both of the above for discounts to other things you might want to do (like Mme. Tussauds wax museum which is really expensive. One of those gives $8 off a ticket).

Do you know about the free makeovers at Sephora. Should go over big with this group.
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 11:41 AM

In answer to the original question, you can buy up to four tickets. So, it means that two of you will have to get in line. And, remember, they only take cash and travelers checks, no credit cards.