NYC theater tix

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Katrina

NYC theater tix

We will be in NYC this Wednesday for the day and would like to see a Broadway show. We have been told there is a discount ticket booth near Times Square but will be with an elderly woman so we would prefer not to stand in along line. Is there any other way of getting a discount seat? Can discounts be had at the theater box office too? Thanks so much and God bless!

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 05:58 PM
cece

The same company that has the long lines at Time Square has a location in front of the American Indian Musuem which opens a few hours earlier (perhaps 11:00 a.m.) The line is shorter or you could get there when it opens. You get the tickets before they go on sale at the Time Square location. The elderly woman could sit inside the American Indian Musuem (it is free) or on its steps.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Katrina

Thank you, Cece--where is this American Indian musuem?Can we access it by train?

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Howard

Check out the Playbill website (www.playbill.com) and join its club. (It's free.) Then, you're eligible to take advantage of its discount theater offers. You simply printout the offer and take it to the box office.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 07:43 AM
janie

the TKTS booth that used to be at Bowling green downtown (near the Museum of the American Indian) moved several weeks ago to South Street Seaport.

You don't all have to wait on line. One person can buy all the tickets, and at South street there are benches (and food places) where the elderly member of your party can wait.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 07:57 AM
Me

In addition to playbill.com (Howard mentioend), Is www.Hitshowclub.com and www.theatermania.com. ALl require you to register but they are all free. You can purchase ticket directly at box office and save service fee or order on-line or by phone (purchasing information is provided on each of the websites). These discounts are generally from 25-50% off. the TKTS booth, lately has been for the most part 50% off with a minimal per ticket charge (I think $3).

In reference to Cece info of the downtown TKTS booth, I belieive is in the process of movin to a permanent location in the South Street Seaport area but may now be closed. See http://www.curtainup.com/tkts.html for TKTS info.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 08:04 AM
me

The downtown TKTS booth is open at a new temporary location at the South Street Seaport. Also keep in mind that at the downtown location, matinee tickets are sold the day before (not day of). See http://www.tdf.org/index_default.html