Search

NYC Sites Open?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 08:29 AM
Mike

NYC Sites Open?

Are the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, New York Stock Exchange open for tourists? Will be visiting Thanksgiving week.

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 08:34 AM
Holly

More important: will anything be open Thanksgiving Day? We don't want to go to the Macy's Parade. Thanks.

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 10:55 AM
Janie

Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island closed "indefinitely"
NY stock exchange is probably also closed or very limited in access. I'll chekc later and update unless osmeone beats me to it
Holly and Mike, there was a thread a week or two ago about things to do in NY on Thanksgiving. Search using NYC or New york and thanksgiving and you should find it. I'll bump it to the top if I have a chance

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 11:18 AM
Michelle

NY Stock Exchange is closed to visitors indefinetely. We have a wealth of museums which are open though!

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 12:17 PM
Holly

Museums open?!

I can't find any open on Thankgiving Day!

Now of any that are open then?

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 12:47 PM
xxx

All museums are closed Christmas and Thanksgiving. Those two days are as close as NY gets to being closed.
You can go ice skating, to the movies, window shopping, eating, etc. Look at some of the other posts on this topic for more ideas

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 02:02 PM
Howard

Holly, not much is open on Thanksgiving Day. Museums, stores, a lot of restaurants, etc., are closed up. The movies are a good bet!

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 02:04 PM
Michelle

My apologies... I must have skipped over the Thanksgiving part in the original message.