NYC hotel which to choose

Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NYC hotel which to choose

Have reservations at Hotel Wolcott on 4 W 31st St near Empire Bldg or Comfort Park West at 31 W 71st.
I'm looking for the best locations for walking to tourist sites and ez subway or bus.

I really appreciate any help.
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 07:57 AM

If you check Tripadvisor, the Wolcott gets much better reviews. Both are near subway and bus lines and both are near some sites (just different ones). No one location is walking distance to all sites (unless you don't mind walking miles). The COmfort Park is in a nicer neighborhood (near central park) but does get some bad reviews and is only near 1 subway line. The Wolcott is near almost all subway lines (a few blocks in any case) and more central for going up or down town, east or west side. The neighborhood is less interesting but it's fine as far as safety and convenient to lots of shopping and restaurants (same is true for the Wolcott). I'd read the tripadvisor comments on each hotel to help you decide.
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much. That is what I need to know. I'll cancel the Comfort Central Park. Although I thought that would be nice to be near the park.
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 12:11 PM

Marge, don't know if you are locked into just these two hotels, but on our recent stay we fell in love with The Lucerne on the Upper West Side. We were just two blocks from Central Park and spent a lot of time there. There is a great restaurant/bar right on the premises, Nice Matin. I felt the location was ideal and close to the subway too. The website is:
http://www.thelucernehotel.com/index.shtml
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

Maggie,
Looked at the site too $$$ for us. Thanks looks great.