NY Yankee tickets..from StubHub??

Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NY Yankee tickets..from StubHub??

I am interested in purchasing one or two tickets for a particular game this season. Must have decent seats. I am considering buying them fro StubHub and would like to hear thoughts from people who have done this..

Any problems with fraudulent tickets?? Best time to purchase for lowest prices?

Thanks!
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 02:46 PM
J62

I by NYY tickets from stubhub a couple of times each season. Never had a problem.

I'm not a good enough planner to buy tickets well in advance, so I typically get them 1-2weeks before the game. I don't know if that's good or bad for price.

For a weekend game or a top opponent, then farther in advance is likely to be better as these games are 100% sold out. For weekday games (the ones I buy 1-2 weeks ahead) it probably doesn't make much difference. Just my guess.
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! I am looking for the last game of the regular season, so not until September. Prices now are sky high on Stub Hub..we are tallking many hundreds for the better seats..

I am virtually certain this game will be a sellout but was hoping that sellers might drop their prices as time goes on...

I want to give the tickets as a surprise gift...I have heard of people being burned on Craigslist with tickets and just wanted assurance that this did not go on with StubHub as I have no experience with them...

Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 04:18 PM

First,
Stub Hub just entered into an agreement with MLB to re-sell tickets....there is very little chance that they will be fake.

Second,
You DO realize that this is the final year for Yankee Stadium....so the last regular season game will be a GUARANTEED sell-out...(I'm not saying prices WON'T go down....but HIGHLY unlikely)
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 05:01 PM
Original Poster

Yes, I know this is the last game of the regular season (not the last game in the stadium, though, as you know!!)..that is why I want them.

When I looked at StubHub about 2 weeks ago I was seeing really good seats in the $800 range. But you are saying that there is not much chance that those people who are offering them now will reduce the prices..I guess I am guilty of wishful thinking!!

And people with extra season tickets seem to want to re-sell in the same range...what to do??
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 06:11 PM

Agreed, that will most likely NOT be the last game there.....I can only imagine what they'll be for a game 7 ALCS against the Sox...but then again they'd have to win the division for THAT to happen....

I can't think of many alternatives right now...perhaps a really bad season would lighten up the prices.....yeah, not likely...but I guess, just keep checking...and hoping?

Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 06:23 PM

I've sold tix on StubHub. I had to provide a credit card # in case anything went wrong so you shouldn't have a problem with fraud.
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 06:32 PM

I bought tickets on StubHub for the first time this year and I just got them in the mail. It never occurred to me that they might be fake but I do trust posters here who have used and recommended them.

All I need now is NO RAIN!
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I will keep checking. And hoping, both for a good season and for those tickets!
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 05:12 AM

I recently used stubhub for the 1st time for big east final tickets. This is the 1st time I've used any ticket reseller. Not only was I able to get tickets at the last minute, but they ended up being almost 40% below face value (although I doubt this will happen with Yankee tickets).

Stubhub seems very reputable.
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 05:23 AM

this game sold out in minutes after the tickets went on sale...to fans and to those who hope to make a profit in the resell market.
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 07:24 PM

I sell tickets on Stubhub frequently. It is completely different than Craigs List and I would never have a concern buying from there.

Prices for that game are unlikely to go down and most season ticket holders are likely not selling. That and Opening Day were the first games to go in my calendar when I got my tickets. I would sooner sell my tickets for games against the Red Sox. Good luck.
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 08:09 PM

I purchased tickets from StubHub last year for a Yankees vs. Red Sox game at Yankee Stadium. I searched many sites for a long time and waited for prices to go down... they never did. Not saying they won't for you, but that was my experience. We paid more than we wanted to, but we felt confident in StubHub so figured it was worth it. I would definitely use them again.

And the game was great!

Good luck

Old Apr 5th, 2008, 09:38 AM

We go 8 to 10 times a year and always use Stubhub. they are very reliable, nothing fake, and prices are better than some other scalpers.

That said. Don;t use the web site to buy tickets. Print out a seating chart of the stadium, look to see what seats they have on the site, then call and confirm the details. (Sometimes people find it hard to understand exactly where they will be -so do get exact seat numbers and map them out.)

If it's a popular game expect prices from twice the fce value to up - way up. (For playoffs versus the Red Sox we paid over $800 for 2 $96 tickets - and these were box seats - but not great. The best seats were going for over $2000 each.)
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:15 AM

I am also interested in buying tickets for a game through StubHub. I found the tickets I wanted to purchase and started the process. I then seen a note that the "pick up" location would be on my order confirmation. Is this how it is normally done, or can I request that the tickets be sent to me?
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:26 AM

Well, we got the NO RAIN I was hoping for had had tons of fun at the game. We were at the third base foul pole, acceptabley near the field. That's all I was willing to pay for. The Yankee stadium website will show you an actual field photograph from your seats, so that's pretty interesting.

We got our tickets in the mail and had no problems with them.
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:30 AM

goddesstogo, Did you request to have you tickets sent to you?

Also, we are looking into bleachers seats, only because they are in our "price range". Do you know if you have bleacher tickets, can you still get into the stadium to walk around? I noticed that the bleachers seats have their own entry gates. But of course, we would love to see more of the stadium.
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:36 AM

Gee, I'm sorry, April, I'm not sure I can answer your questions.

If we were given the option to have the tickets sent or pick them up there, I chose to have them sent. I guess I would have done that because I had enough time and I would have wanted to avoid standing in any sort of line at the stadium. I'm not familiar enough with the stadium to know if you can walk around it. We went directly to our section and just stayed there.
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:49 AM

If you have bleacher seats, you cannot access other sections, including Monument Park.
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:52 AM

Well, I just checked StubHub again, and there were better tickets posted, so I grabbed them! Also, I checked the Yankee website, and people with bleacher tickets can NOT access Monument Park or any other areas in the stadium. So that would have defeated half of our purpose.
I cna't wait for game time!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -