NY Restuarant

Nov 8th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

NY Restuarant

Hi - My friend and I are taking our daughters up to NY for a show - what is a fun restuarant they would enjoy going to ? Last time we went to Bubba Gumps thanks
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:52 AM

i would avoid chain or theme restaurants. how old are the girls? what do they like ot eat?
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:53 AM

Type of food? Age of kids? Budget? A little more info here would help us help you.
Nov 8th, 2006, 09:03 AM

If there at the age when they like video games, then check out ESPNZone. My nephews love it!

Nov 8th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

The girls are 10 and 12 - I don't mind spending some money as long as it is something they will enjoy - they will eat almost anything and enjoy shopping and dining out
Nov 8th, 2006, 09:46 AM

A lot of kids enjoy Ellen's Stardust Diner. It's basic diner fare - but not bad - but the big attraction is the singing wait staff. (Fun plus food - without all those awful chain places with the same micro-nuked food as at the local mall.)

Or - if you want to splurge a little more go to the Rock Center Cafe - they can watch the skaters while they eat.

check out menupages.com for diner reviews and actual menus.
Nov 8th, 2006, 09:50 AM

Serendipity comes to mind right away as the quintessential pre-teen dining favorite.

If they are adventurous eaters, maybe they would like going to a Korean or Japanese bbq restaurant, or eating sushi? I'm not sure if they've been exposed to these types of food, but it could be fun. I remember going to an Ethiopian restaurant when I was about 10 and thinking it was so cool that I could eat with my hands
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:55 AM

Where is the show and how old are the girls? Did they like Bubba Gumps?
May 18th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Love Bubba Gumps, a tourist place but I made reservations early in the week and walked right thru to our tables. The food is okay and prices are NYC - but the kids loved it. The show was Hairspray and they also loved that, we have been singing all the songs since then. the girls were 10 and 12.