Search

NY/NJ airports

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:07 PM
kbs

NY/NJ airports

I need to catch a flight out of JFK around noontime, but can't find a flight into JFK in the AM. How difficult is it to get from Newark or LGA to JFK?

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:04 PM
J

Well, I sure wouldn't want to do it. The cab ride from Newark would be maybe $75ish, more? From LGA, not as bad, but still $20-30ish. If that's the situation you must deal with, definitely fly into LGA. Perhaps a kind soul here knows of a shuttle between the two airports--or search online for one.

Is it at all possible to switch the flight out of JFK? I'm assuming it's international. Newark has lots of international flights, too.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:33 PM
Paul Rabe

Check this URL:

www.panynj.gov/aviation/connfram.HTM

Tells how to get from any airport to any airport.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:54 PM
rqf

LGA to JFK - about 10 miles and a fairly quick ride by taxi. Cost will be less than $25 with a tip included.

There is a shuttle to JFK from both LGA and EWR. You can get cost and other information at www.panynj.gov

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:43 PM
harry

If your flight out of JFK is at 12 noon, you have to be at that airport by 10 a.m. Where are you initially flying in from to Newark / LGA? It would have to be a very early morning flight.

Public transportation is goingg to save you $$ but will take a bit of time.
Take a cab. Time is more important than money in this situation.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 09:57 AM
kbs

Thanks!

The flight from JFK to Seoul was booked as part of a tour. I didn't think I would have a hard time getting a morning flight from Syracuse NY to JFK, but Jet Blue appears to be the only reasonable ($$) airline and doesn't arrive in time to make the noon flight.

It appears that the shuttles between the airports will have to be our way to go.