"Not To Be Missed" Book Ahead at Disney?

Old Jan 11th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Not To Be Missed" Book Ahead at Disney?

We'll be at Disney at the end of next month with our three year old son. It will be his first visit and our tenth He is extremely excited needless to say. I don't recall ever booking tickets in advance as a kid for shows etc. other than breakfast with the characters at the Polynesian or something along these lines.

What would you recommend for a three year old BOY?

Thanks So Much,
lisa
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 01:55 PM

I can't help too much although my kids at that age would have enjoyed the Pooh breakfast at Crystal Palace or Character Dinner at Grand Floridian's cafe.

You would be wise to check out disboards.com. There's more info there than you would ever need for a great trip. Hope you are avoiding President's Week....with school vacation, it will be mobbed.
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 01:56 PM

If it is President's Week, you would be wise to book some of your lunch and dinner locations now. Then you won't be disappointed.

Your son might like the Roaring Canyon Cafe (I think that's what it's called) at Wilderness Lodge.
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 04:00 PM

I would book lunch at the Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom. It's more relaxed than breakfast, and my kids never really liked a sitdown dinner after all the excitement when they were 3. They preferred chicken fingers by the pool. Also, if you go to Epcot at a certain time, all the characters get off a double decker bus and you can get alot of pictures and autographs if you're interested. The unofficial guide lists the days and times. I love Epcot since it is fun for kids and adults. Have fun.
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 07:19 AM

HEre is a great link for Character meals: http://www.allearsnet.com/din/cb.htm

Chef Mickey's is always popular. The Garden Grill at Epcot is a good choice too.

We enjoyed the Campfire Sing-Along with Chip & Dale (free) - you don't need to make a reservation: http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com...-campfire.html

I recommend that you get a good touring plan that factors in small children. The unofficial guide to Walt Disney world has one. www.tourguidemike.com helps you develop your own plan or there are sample plans for family's with small children. www.buildabettermousetrip.com will do custom plans for you.

Old Jan 13th, 2007, 07:20 AM

If you want that great classic picture of your son on the Dumbo ride, plan on being at the Magic Kingdom a little before park opening. Once they let you in, ignore the characters along Main Street and walk directly to Fantasy Land (behind the castle) and directly to the Dumbo ride. This classic ride is the slowest loading ride on Disney property and gets long lines even during low seasons. Going there first is the easiest way to get this without a long wait.
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 07:23 AM

We are going the last weekend in January for four days, I started calling to make reservations for meals, shows four days ago and there were places I could not get in to over the four day period for dinner, etc so I would do my research and call that reservation line at Disney as soon as possible !

You are way ahead of me, doing it 6 wks in advance, but I thought end of Jan would be a slow time and end of Feb I know is busier even if after school vaca b/c some parents extend the vacation to lessen the crowds for them -

Things changed since the last time we went - which granted was a decade or more ago, - and now you can make rezzies 180 dys in advance if you are staying in a disney resort lodging -
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 10:58 AM

Disney can do a property wide search for meals - for example, you can say "We want to do a character meal on Thursday night but we're flexible - what is available."