Reload this Page >

Northeast US in November?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 04:43 AM
Megan

I was looking for ideas for a girls weekend in the Northeast in November. It would be a two-night trip and we do not have alot to spend.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 04:45 AM
huh?

NorthEast can be an awful lot of territory. Do yuo think you could narrow it down to a state at least?

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 04:49 AM
Megan

Well, I can say that my friend lives near NYC and we were hoping to find a place where she can drive to. I live in NC and would most likely be flying anyway. Therefore, we were thinking of Boston, DC, and maybe even NYC (although all of these are expensive places to go). But with those points in mind, I was hoping for other less expensive choices within the same distance.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 05:09 AM
David

Try Philadelphia...LOTS to see and do (museums, historical sites, etc.), great restaurants...and significantly cheaper than NY or DC. Plus it would be easy to get to.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 06:19 AM
Jason

I would suggest NYC, always plenty to do there, or Philadelphia.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 07:04 AM
Stephanie P.

Megan:

I would suggest D.C. Your friend could even take a Amtrak train that has regular service to D.C. if driving isn't enjoyable for her. The subway in D.C. is clean and it has excellent service to all the sights. Look on lodging.com to look for special rates for hotels.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 07:06 AM
nicole

Philly's always overlooked, even though it has first class restaurants, entertainment, shopping, nightlife and tourist attractions. Plus it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.