North Shore Oahu family lodging?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In May I want to take the family back to HI and this time would like to spend some 3-4 days on Oahu (but well away from the Waikiki area). The North Shore sounds interesting and secluded, but I've had trouble finding any lodging for a family of four (both kids are little). The rental homes in the area are either way too expensive or look like tin shacks in the jungle. Can anyone recommend any condo developments or other beachside/ocean view accommodations that are under $200/night? Maybe Turtle Bay, or any other beach resorts in the north? Thanks!
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 09:29 AM

When I was there, I checked exactly for hotels in the yellow pages - nothing at all except Turtle Bay. Did not see anything driving along the road either. I must say I am really surprised and a bit disappointed that there is not some element of choice of smaller hotels on north coast - why 98% in Waikiki - I assume planning regs come into it.
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 10:43 AM

Try looking at Ke Iki Beach Bungalows. We are booked there in a two bedroom cottage for August and I beleive it was about 185 a night. We were looking for the same type of hotel you were, and this seemed to be a less expensive alternative to Turtle Bay, and they are right on the water. The website is keikibeach.com. hope that helps
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 11:44 AM

that is the problem on Oahu Clark. VBRO.com

Also you might want to consider Kailua nice open beaches on that side and you will still be in arms reach of great dinner options.

I stayed at Turtle Bay a few years ago and was very happy with the price and the lack of crowds.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 06:06 AM

THis is only a 1 bedroom, but it has 2 single beds in a little area off the living room for your kids. It is RIGHT ON THE WATER. You can't finad anything closer. Price is right too. The pictures don't do it justice. We are going back in May.
Duane
http://www.cyberrentals.com/HI/BlackOAHU.html
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 08:44 PM
kip

Aloha. We spent a week in January on the Northshore in a fairly secluded area called Mokuleia. We rented a simple but charming 3 bedroom/1 bath beach cottage that really grew on us. We were a 10 minute drive from Haleiwa and about a 20 minute drive from Sunset Beach. We had our own quiet, reef protected beach in front of the house, a large lawn, plenty of beach toys, a barbecue and a very serene mountain view behind the house. Nothing fancy but a great spot and our kids really enjoyed the proximity to the beach and the big yard to play in. We paid $1200 for a week. The website is www.northshorebeachhouse.com. The mgr is very helpful.