NO Restaurants - Ct. of 2 Sisters & Tujague's

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2003, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are visiting for our 10th anniversary and someone gave me recos for Court of Two Sisters and Tujague's restaurants. I've made reservations at Tujague's for dinner and Court of Two Sisters for the jazz brunch. I read some of the reviews of Court of Two Sisters on this site and am now reconsidering going. What about Tujague's? Thanks in advance. Any other "can't miss" info is welcome.
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 12:04 PM

My husband and I used to live in New Orleans. It is a beautiful city! We've been in Chicago for the past year and a half but miss the Crescent City so much! I would pass on Court of Two Sisters. It is pretty and worth walking in to look at it, but, it is expensive and the food is terrible. For the same money you can go to Commander's Palace in the Garden District (by streetcar or taxi) and have a wonderful jazz brunch on Saturday or Sunday (make a reservation 504-899-8221). Commander's is directly across the street from the historic Lafayette Cemetery #1. I like Tujague's. I would put a stop at Emeril's NOLA retaurant in the Quarter on my list or K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen. Both have entree prices ranging between $15 and $30 but worth every penny! Lastly, a good burger at any time of the day or night with a ton of atmosphere can be found at Port of Call on Esplanade Avenue. This is at the downriver side of the quarter and the walk there from anywhere in the Quarter is quite scenic. My favorite places for eating oysters are the oyster bar at Felix (in the Quarter) and Uglesich (outside the Quarter). Felix is great for people watching and convenient. Uglesich is in an ugly looking neighborhood and doesn't look nice but the food is out of this world!
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Mardi Gras Mambo!
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 03:45 PM

I would cross both off my list---you can do a lot better as the previous poster has stated. But a walk through the Court of the Two Sisters is something I try to do on every trip to the Quarter--simply beautiful.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 05:31 PM

I'd definitely eliminate Court of Two Sisters as a possibility. Tujagues gets very mixed reviews: some love it; others hate it.

I agree with the poster who suggested Commander's Palace...I've been going to NO for 40 years and it's still my favorite!