Search

What to wear???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Elayne

What to wear???

Okay ladies, i need to find out what i should wear to see an evening broadway play in NYC??? Sounds silly, but iam odds....

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 12:00 PM
NYGirl

Tonight we are going to the Ballet at the Met.I am wearing a black pants suit,high heels.
Would wear the same to a play or a nice top and pair of trousers/skirt.
It is never VERY dressy at a play.
You will see people in jeans and sometimes in hot weather,shorts.But I always think that those people wanted to see that play regardless if they had the right "outfit" so I am just glad to see people there
It is damp and cool today,when areyou coming?

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 12:23 PM
Elayne

NY girl,

I will be in NYC July 31st-August 4th....

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 07:55 PM
NYGirl

Hi,Elayne!
July-August is hot and can be quite sticky.You will see ladies wearing as little as possible at times
Today was chilly and wet, tonight at the Ballet at the Met,there were women wearing spaghetti strap dresses,strapless drresses and then there were ladies like myself in suits,and some in slacks and leather jackets!
Anything goes in New York City
For the theatre in the summer- just wear light cotton loose clothing,and bring a light sweater because they do turn the a/c up high!
Enjoy your visit~

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 12:11 AM
Dana

I always dress up when attending plays, ballets, opera's or any social gatherings. I have noticed that many tourists tend to wear casual and sometimes unappropriate attire to some of these places. I can understand that people want to be comfortable when traveling, but wearing shorts, sneakers or sweats to these establishments is a disgrace. I suggest being well groomed, dressy & comfortable.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Elayne

Ny Girl and Dana,

Advice well taken. I have summer dresses that will be just fine for the occasion.

Take care!!!