Nightlife in Winter Park

Oct 14th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

Nightlife in Winter Park

Is there any kind of nightlife in Winter Park?
Oct 14th, 2005, 03:45 PM

There are some shops and restaurants (I have no idea what time they close), but other than that I think you'd come up pretty empty-handed.
Oct 14th, 2005, 03:46 PM

ttt
Oct 14th, 2005, 07:49 PM
TheWeasel

Which Winter Park?

Oct 15th, 2005, 08:30 AM
MaureenB

If you mean Winter Park, Colorado, it's true there's no "nightlife" in town per se, except for the restaurant scene. It's geared more to skiers in the winter, who don't stay out late into the wee hours. Deno's restaurant, on the main street through town, seems to draw more of a bar scene where a lot of locals hang out. And there's one or two places between the ski mountain and the town, where a younger crowd gathers, but I forget it's name (maybe the Slope). But there's no club scene there. Some good restaurants, though.

Nov 1st, 2005, 02:55 PM

Actually, from what I hear, the nightlife is fairly decent. Here's an article about places with live music and some bars and restaurants in town.

http://www.resortspace.com/winterpark/nightlife.html
Nov 2nd, 2005, 08:43 AM
MaureenB

Assuming the OP means Winter Park, CO--
the resortspace.com site slightly exaggerates the nightlife. One place it mentions, in fact, La Taqueria, was a very small place in a strip mall, and never was more than a takeout place. It is now closed. Other places it mentions are not much of a scene either, as we have never seen dancing going on at the places named.
After having a place in WP for over 20 years, we've been to every place on that list. They are moderately lively at best. Not to discourage you about WP, it's a great place, but don't expect a club scene there.