Reload this Page >

Niagara Falls - Attaction Passes

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2002, 12:20 PM
Susan

We will be in Niagara Falls this August with our family. (2 kids, 2 adults) We are planning on spending 1 full day and part of this next day, if necessary, at the falls. Can anyone tell me if it makes sense to purchase the attraction passes?

Old May 7th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Jayne

Go to inof@niagara and price the attractions you want to see. If you pay for alot of stuff you aren't going to do it is cheaper to pick a couple of things and just go there. My kids love the Maid Of the Mist (about$10 each), Journey Behind the Falls (about $8 each)
Skylon tower (price depends on what you do)and age of kids should be considered, as well, we visit yearly and do alot of the same things. If you are going to be in Canada, convert your money to Canadian and get gas in the US.

Old May 7th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Jayne

I really need spell check. it's [email protected] also try skylon.com, etc.

Old May 7th, 2002, 02:53 PM
Carole

I know, I'm not technically answering your question. Just a word of warning. While at Niagara Falls w/ my family as a child, I nearly fell over the rails. The mist from the falls made the rails slippery. I was leaning over to see how far down the water was. My mother had to literally pull me back over the rail. Something I'll never forget.
Watch your kids like a hawk!

Old May 7th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Sara

I don't know about attraction passes, I think it depends on how much you want to do. We enjoyed the Maid of the Mist and the Journey Behind the Falls, also the Omnimax movie with the display in the lobby of all of the different contraptions people have gone over rhe Falls in. Even if you don't go watch the movie, it's worthwhile to go in and see the display; pretty fascinating.We didn't have time, but the Cave of the Winds Tour on the American Side looked pretty neat, too. Do drive over to Goat Island and get a good view of the rapids above the Falls, too.

Also, despite what Jayne said about changing your money to Canadian, we found that virtually every merchant and attraction were happy to accept US currency. However, if go beyond the town of Niagara Falls (like to Niagara-on-the-Lake, a beautiful little town), you would probably need Canadian money.

Old May 8th, 2002, 08:06 AM
garyt

Susan - With a two-day stay, you will have plenty of time to use the attraction books and will save about $50 for the four of you. The books also help you do a thorough tour of the falls to see the "natural" wonder rather than the tacky tourist things. Make sure you try the Hurricane deck on Cave-of-the-winds... the ions from the rushing water create an amazing natural high(that's scientifically proven).

One last tip... if your kids are over 6 years old...get the family booked on the Whirlpool Jet Boat ride out of Niagara-on-the-Lake... it's a world class attraction that takes you into the Niagara rapids (you will get soaked, so bring extra clothes).