New York New Year trip....

Old Apr 24th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New York New Year trip....

Hi

I'm planning a trip from the UK to NYC around the time of the New Year (29th Dec to 8th Jan).
Have been once before (on honeymoon) and stayed in the Michelangelo. Loved it and it's location but it's a bit out of my price range this time I'm afraid. Looking for suggestions of cheaper hotels. We plan to see a lot of theater at night so wouldn't like to be too far away from that area.
Looking for as cheap as possible but realise this is an expensive time so just looking for cheaper alternatives to the Michelangelo.

Thanks

Martin
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 11:53 AM

It's too early to see real prices now. Pick a hotel and phone. If you loved the Michelangelo, phone them and tell them you stayed on honeymoon etc. and ask for best price.

Alternatives: the Casablanca (not cheap but might do a deal). Remember every hotel in the theater area will be sought after for NYE b/c of Times Square.

Check also the Shoreham. And I repeat, PHONE or wait. Online prices right now for next NY will be high.
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 12:04 PM
GoTravel

Firstly, look at your stay as two stays. The first three nights of your stay is one of the most expensive times of year while the last 8 nights are one of the cheapest times.

I'd book one hotel for New Years Eve weekend and another for the long part of your stay. I would not be surprised if the Michelangelo isn't available for the week after New Years at an affordable rate.

What about The Salisbury Hotel?

Also check out The Park South Hotel.

For flat out cheap in Times Square, I recently stayed at The Milford Plaza and found it perfectly acceptable for the rate.

Old Apr 24th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Neopolitan

For 10 nights have you considered an apartment?

Old Apr 24th, 2006, 12:22 PM

GoTravel, as always, gave excellent option - we stayed at Michelangelo this year beginning a few days after New Years Eve and it was a great rate special, b/c as she said, they are looking for people as it clears out a bit - we got it via internet on their home page, but a call w/ your history w/ them might do it ! Have Fun !