Reload this Page >

New York Hotels -Ameritiana, Moderne, Washington Jefferson or Clarion Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Need Help

Any advice/experiences with any of the above mentioned hotels? Traveling for work and my boss has asked me to find a hotel for some of our staff (including her)? Trying to find something near Midtown or Central Park since we'll have a couple of days to spend outside of our conference. Looked at quickbooks.com and found these hotels between $100 and $150 a night. Suggestions?

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 09:07 AM
Don

Crap, crap, crap and crap. Use priceline and you'll get something much better for less. Look at www.biddingfortravel.com first.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 09:29 AM
NeedHelp

Thanks for the advice, I'll take a look at biddingfortravel.com.

Any other suggestions from anyone?

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Frank

What's the address of the Clarion? If it's the one on East 40th Street, it looks rather nice. 30 Story 1980's building with a small but pleasant lobby. It's right off 5th Avenue and excellantly located for many of the sights.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Gess

Hi,

I stayed at the Ameritania a while back ago. The hotel is right around the corner from the David Letterman Show. It was kinda noisy at night but that's NYC. The hotel is small, clean and art-deco-ey.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 10:31 AM
Sue

Hi,
This is going to get confusing for you because you have 2 posts going, but I would take the advice given on both and keep looking. These aren't total "dumps" but for the money you can do better. I used Priceline.com and stayed at the Grand Hyatt at 42nd & Park for $80 a night - non smoking room, king bed, overlooked 42nd street, clean room & bath, checked into my room around 1 pm with no "hassels". Good location, walked or took the bus everywhere - also easy walk to theaters. Look at what others are winning on Priceline - some have gotten the Stanhope for $75! (but the upper east side could be a bit out of your way) Still, if you do some research, priceline could really work in your favor.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Duane

Hi! Go to citysearch.com and choose New York - you can search for hotel & restaurants and the best part is, there are reviews written by folks who have stayed at theses places! Should be helpful - check it out!

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 11:20 AM
Need Help

Thanks for the suggestions! At this point I've looked at so many and they all appear to great until I look at the reviews posted here. Might be a good indicator of how a hotel Web site can be deceiving.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Pamela

Need Help I have stayed in a Hotel that may or may not fit your bill. The name is the Habitat Hotel. It is on 130 West 57th between Park and Lexington. It is a very nice area. The Four Seasons is just a couple of blocks away. You can have a single room with a sink, twin bed, color tv, closet, table and chair pay 85.00 a night (before tax). The only thing with that room you have to go across hall for shower and toilet. If you choose a room with a bathroom you pay around 125.00 a night if I am not mistaken. That sounds like it would be more to your liking if you are traveling on business. This is a pretty central location. I first found this by going to the American Airlines website. I have found out that they do have their own website. Do a search on Google. I hope this helps you. Good luck...

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Daniel

People just amaze me. Tough choice. A room without a bathroom for $85 or a 4* hotel for the same thing using priceline. Sure you don't know which hotel you'll get, but I'd take that over the Habitat any day.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 01:20 PM
topper

ttt