New Year's in Orlando

Search

New Year's in Orlando

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Year's in Orlando

Help! We (three 31-year old women) have a time share in Orlando from Jan 1 - 5, and just decided to arrive a day earlier to spend New Year's together. We need to find a place to stay for one night, and a fun evening activity.

I've looked at the local Orland web sites, and I've checked out this site. I know about the Pleasure Island/City Walk parties, but I'm concerned that we are too old for that kind of thing. Looking to hear from any local Orlandians (??) for something fun to do (I know, I know, that depends on what kind of people we are). We are open to anything - a nice 5-course dinner, a fun hotel party with good music, etc. We're not really up for a crowded bar where you can't get close enough to the bartender and you can't find a place to sit.

Also, are we crazy to think we can find a hotel for one night only on 12/31? Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 10th, 2004, 12:23 PM
GoTravel

Since it is a Friday night, you could have problems but start checking websites.

I don't think 31 is too old for Pleasure Island however, I think the almost $100 fee Disney is charging to get in to PI is highway robbery.

I would be just as happy at a great restaurant in Disney with my girlfriends. I bet money EPCOT would be a blast if they are staying open late.

Old Dec 10th, 2004, 12:26 PM
GoTravel

Now this sounds like fun.

From AllEarsNet.com (Link--> http://allearsnet.com/tp/nyeve.htm )

Epcot's New Year's Eve Countdown Spectacular offers exciting entertainment for those who want to bring in the New Year with a bang. The party is park-wide with festivities including:

* The Tom Butler Orchestra playing big band and swing music in the Grand Ballroom at World Showplace
* DJ spinning techno-rock music in China
* Latin dancing at America Gardens Theatre
* Euro music in Italy
* VJ featuring rock 'n roll classics in Japan
* DJ Scooter at Future World Fountain Stage
* Plus, two special showings of "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth" (7:30 and 11:40 p.m.) with a New Year's countdown and an "Auld Lang Syne" finale to the late performance at World Showcase Lagoon

Epcot's New Year's Eve Countdown Spectacular is included with regular Epcot admission.

Old Dec 10th, 2004, 12:45 PM

GoT is right. Your best bet for New Years Eve will be anything Disney. Try to book a dinner reservation at one of the Epcot restaurants -- now! But find out first when fireworks will begin. YOu don't want to miss that.
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 05:01 PM

Last year I won two tickets to the City Walk New Years Eve party. I was amazed at how much fun it was (and I'm in my late 40's). There were buffets set up everywhere, with plenty of seafood, music was Cheap Trick on the main stage and other types of music in the clubs, champagne toast at midnight, etc. I think regular tickets were $50 each.
Old Dec 19th, 2004, 04:10 PM

Well I'm 28 and I'll most likely going to Pleasure Island, with 2 other (guys) friends that will be there with me. So I don't think that you are to old for that party. Plus if you look at the music line up anyone under 25 might not even know who is even on the stage.

So to go back to your lodgeing problems, I don't really know what to say but look for a guy with a tattoo on front of his neck just below the adams apple and maybe we could work something out for you..

I'm just jokeing. But maybe I'll meet you out there and maybe not so have a good new years and vacation here in simi-sunny Fl.
Old Dec 19th, 2004, 04:46 PM

Alter Bridge is playing at House of Blues and Godsmack is at the Hard Rock Live.